Law School Discussion

What surprised you the most about Sept 30 LSAT

Ted Buckland, ESQ

• Leverage??... Torts??...Ruth Bader who???
    • View Profile
Re: What surprised you the most about Sept 30 LSAT
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2006, 03:40:23 PM »
I loved how there was a huge digital timer projected onto the screen in my testing room. This helped so much since I didn't buy a timepiece. Good job by the proctors.

Also I had the feeling of blood rushing to my head as if you're about to faint as soon as I opened the seal and began reading the first LR question. Luckily I took a deep breath and after about spending 2 minutes reading the first question over and over again, I settled down and finished that section with 3 minutes to spare.

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2006, 04:30:47 PM »
Totally agree about the paper part. The damn test was printed on what looked like toilet paper from one of the local public parks. I remember i always thought testmasters people were damn cheap for using that crappy paper, but then realized that it is actually identical to the real tests' paper.

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2006, 04:38:53 PM »
Yes, effing cheap paper! Especially bad for people like me who decided 3 days before the exam to try using a highlighter for the RC section (highlighting actually did work fairly well...the 28 question section, now that's a different story)

LT_Eagels_1

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2006, 05:34:11 PM »
I wasn't surprised by the RC because I suck at the RC to begin with so I wouldn't know if it was hard or not. 

Hannibal

• I love it when a plan comes together
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2006, 08:12:13 PM »
I was shocked by the proctors' incompetence.  I took the LSAT at Hastings college in San Fransisco, and the guy reading the instructions was nearly undecipherable.  I could catch about every forth word he said, but he still needed to read each section twice before anyone could understand WTF he was saying.

He used the analog clock on the wall of the classroom to keep time and was consistently off by about 50 seconds on each section.  He also called "time" at the five minute mark which sent half the room into a panic, but that seems to be a very common mistake.  I wonder if they're told by LSAC to do that during the RC section just to screw with us... >:(

« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2006, 08:19:13 PM »
I was shocked by the proctors' incompetence.  I took the LSAT at Hastings college in San Fransisco, and the guy reading the instructions was nearly undecipherable.  I could catch about every forth word he said, but he still needed to read each section twice before anyone could understand WTF he was saying.

He used the analog clock on the wall of the classroom to keep time and was consistently off by about 50 seconds on each section.  He also called "time" at the five minute mark which sent half the room into a panic, but that seems to be a very common mistake.  I wonder if they're told by LSAC to do that during the RC section just to screw with us... >:(
I'd be like "Time, put you pencils down". And then go "nah, i'm just f-ing with you guys, you have 5 minutes left".

SilentSwirl

• Summer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2006, 09:49:48 PM »
I was under the impression that if you were not okay with where you were sitting, you could ask to be moved. Well, we were all in a big auditorium -- the kind with the LITTLE ITTY BITTY DESKS SMALLER THAN A SHEET OF LOOSELEAF!! And try as I might, I couldn't get the guy to let me use one of the available desks in the front, which were twice the size of regular school desks.

The proctor dude was like a dumb drill sergeant with a stick up his a$*, so I couldn't ask much because I was afraid he would kick me out of the room!

Being asked to copy the certifying statement and realizing, holy crap it's been years since I've had to write anything in cursive!

Finishing my certifying statement and realizing that if I thought I was slow, the guy in the corner of the room was an absolute SLUG. It took him 4x as long as the rest of us to write out his paragraph.

And I absolutely could not believe that, as much as I'd stressed over the importance of this test, there were people in there who couldn't even follow the directions for bubbling things in! I guess now I know who gets the 120s!