Law School Discussion

What surprised you the most about Sept 30 LSAT

Re: What surprised you the most about Sept 30 LSAT
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2006, 10:45:35 AM »
Most surprising things -

My proctors were really laid back and friendly.
They split up everyone taking the test by last names into 3 separate rooms in the building.
DAMN RC SECTION!
That I semi-choked on the games (as in I didn't really get deductions for the two harder games and guessed a lot)
That I could barely sleep the night before (I didn't think nerves would get to me like that)

jer

• i likes gold chapstick
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2006, 10:49:34 AM »
i left the house around 6:30am, to get there by 7:30.
it was still dark outside, and, being saturday morning, there was no traffic or noise from the neighborhood at all.

i back out of the driveway, and as soon as i cut the wheels and back out into the street i notice i came about 2 seconds from running over someone's dog who was roaming the neighborhood.

kinda freaked out for a minute, like, what would i have done if i had hit  the dog???

leave it and continue on to the lsat?
knock on the neighbor's door and tell them i just ran over their dog, but i'm in a bit of a rush so they had better get up and check him out?

LT_Eagels_1

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2006, 10:54:32 AM »
I wasn't really surprised by the test itself but after the test, I was emotionally drained, and slept a lot the next couple of days, and didn't want to deal with anything law school related the following week.

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2006, 11:06:01 AM »
Damn RC. Ugh.

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2006, 11:31:22 AM »
My bladder being a champion was surprising.

Not to worry, Jesus...even if you'd sprung a leak, I'm sure you could have walked across the spill safely. :D

smack

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2006, 12:28:01 PM »
The guy sitting at the same table as me saying "wow, that was hard."

O RLY?

Hahaha...the guy next to me was sweating profusely and kept sighing loudly.

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2006, 12:47:39 PM »
i left the house around 6:30am, to get there by 7:30.
it was still dark outside, and, being saturday morning, there was no traffic or noise from the neighborhood at all.

i back out of the driveway, and as soon as i cut the wheels and back out into the street i notice i came about 2 seconds from running over someone's dog who was roaming the neighborhood.

kinda freaked out for a minute, like, what would i have done if i had hit  the dog???

leave it and continue on to the lsat?
knock on the neighbor's door and tell them i just ran over their dog, but i'm in a bit of a rush so they had better get up and check him out?

First post on LSD ever to make me laugh out loud.

Root Hog

• The USA PATRIOT Act
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2006, 01:31:59 PM »
We began the morning in a large but cramped room with the smallest desks available. There was a large air conditioning system behind the platform in front of the room which drained continuously - a constant loud running water sound (just the thing for nervous bladders). I complained and the proctor asked if it was bothering anyone else. Only one other person raised their hand. I continued to complain. All the nervous sob's in the room just wanted to get the test over with and hated me. They didn't hate me long. they finally announced that we were changing rooms. We all had to go up teo flights of stairs and look for the new room. We did all of this with our test booklets (already opened) in our hands and little to no supervision! I wish I had cheated. Our new room was a large lab where we all had enormous amounts of table space. And we got an extra break to go to the bathroom right before beginning section 1.

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2006, 01:37:34 PM »
1. How the heck it was possible for me NOT to finish the RC, especially after absolutely sprinting through the first 3 articles.

2. How easy the second LR felt for me, especially compared to the June LR sections.

3. No simple linear games, I don't think.

Imelda Marcos

• If the "Choo" fits
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2006, 03:22:22 PM »
I think what freaked me out the most was my proctors fake pony tail.  She had one of those clip on pieces of hair.  It was like 3 shades lighter then her real hair, and crimped.  Spooky.

Well..

that and the fact that I started with RC, then had RC experimental, then logical reasoning BREAK, then LG and finally my last LR.  Damn the three readining sections in a row. Luckily at break I was able to figure out that the second section was indeed experimental and didn't count.  The RC's were hard.  Of course I knew they wouldbe. RC is getting more difficult, and the LG are getting less difficult.