Law School Discussion

What surprised you the most about Sept 30 LSAT

zzzz

What surprised you the most about Sept 30 LSAT
« on: October 19, 2006, 09:34:30 AM »
I'm sure all of you have replayed your LSAT performance over and over again in your heads (and on this board) since Sept 30.  I'm also sure that most of you have tried to measure this LSAT performance against your practice tests and past LSAT attempts.  With that, what was the most surprising thing/biggest difference for you about this LSAT (the surprise could be good/bad/meh../etc).

For me, there were three surprises.  First, the test booklet.  I guess I was expecting white paper that was a little more sturdy.  I certainly wasn't expecting thin gray paper.  Second, the proctors.  They argued infront of the whole room about the length of the break. I figured they would have been on top of details like this. Third, the room.  I wasn't prepared for the steep stadium seating dynamic.  Although I took two practice tests in the room in the weeks prior to the test, it somewhat of a different experience when its full. 

Probablly like most of you, I wasn't really surprised by the questions or anything --- that's the point of 30 practice tests.

RainbowBrite

Re: What surprised you the most about Sept 30 LSAT
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 09:43:36 AM »
Hmmm... I think I was suprised that a) we received a 15 minute break b)the students didn't seem stressed out at all (cmon now, Yalies are supposed to panic at times like these!) and c) I had so much SPACE around me. There was no one in the row behind or infront, and there were at least 2 seats between me and the other person in my row. Which meant multiple flip down desks to put my stuff on!

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 09:47:27 AM »
There were only 18 test takers in my room. We were all spaced out.

We were required to keep the writing sample page inside our test booklet for the whole test.

The RC being 28 questions with the last passage's questions being so freaking long.

Vick

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 09:49:37 AM »
I was surprised by how long it took me to settle down.  My nerves weren't gone until well after the first section.  I was also happily surprised by the proctors, very professional, yet friendly and laid back.

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2006, 09:52:51 AM »
No negative surprises...about what I expected. A positive aspect was that there were only 17 others in the room...I was expecting a large lecture hall with 150+ people.

smack

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2006, 10:22:13 AM »
I was surprised by the proctors.  They were real sticklers.  I started writing my certification statement while the other testers were reading the information above that.  A female proctor pointed at me and screamed "WHAT IS SHE WRITING...WHAT IS SHE WRITING???" Then the male proctor ran up to see what I was writing.  I was nervous enough as it was without starting the test off like that.  Also, I was surprised that I had my manilla envelope confiscated.  The only reason I had the envelope was so that my admission ticket would not get bent.

rizz

• Shut up baby I know it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2006, 10:26:15 AM »
I think I underestimated the pure exhaustion after taking it. Like I actually felt physically drained and when I got home I had a 4 hour nap. That never happened on the practice tests even when I did the full 5 sections w/ break. I was really starting to fade during the 5th section.

Also, probably the difference between recent tests and old tests. Even though I did most of the tests I only did 48 from the 45-49 group.

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2006, 10:40:21 AM »
- RC being so damn hard and long and frustrating
- the proctor not taking away a beeping timer from someone until I told her to on the break
- I also didn't expect to be so numb afterwards...it was a couple of hours before I felt reasonably normal again!
- a guy showed up @9am, 30 minutes after the time on the admission ticket, and was allowed in...of course he sat in the empty seat RIGHT in front of me and then was totally annoying.

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2006, 10:41:00 AM »
I had RC first and the 28 questions was so long!  Also, during our logic games section, our proctor forgot to call five minutes so at the end of 35, she called five minutes. So we actually had forty. (I knew this because I had a silent timer).  

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2006, 10:43:29 AM »
I had RC first and the 28 questions was so long!  Also, during our logic games section, our proctor forgot to call five minutes so at the end of 35, she called five minutes. So we actually had forty. (I knew this because I had a silent timer).  

holy *&^%, really?
I would have loved an extra 5 on that section!