Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LOYOLA  (Read 37218 times)

Imelda Marcos

• Sr. Citizen
  • If the "Choo" fits
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: LOYOLA
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2007, 08:22:53 PM »
Yikes that is a hard decision.  Debt free, or private school tuition ahhhh.  GL deciding.  I think my heart is at Loyola too, I'm debating trying to fight for any of my waitlists?!  Decisions suck more then I thought they would!
It's Official Loyola class of 2010!!

WL still pending, fingers crossed it would make for a much easier decision!

payley

• saving the universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2007, 02:27:53 AM »
Seeing as the April 13th deadline for first deposits is looming ahead of us (April 13th deadline folks!), has anyone decided on this school yet? It would be nice to set up a Loyolan network on here as the individual school board on the Students section of LSD is pretty dead.

I won't be able to make the admitted students day, but I'll be going over to LA in May to look for apts and visit the campus. Due to a work transfer, I'll be moving there for July 1st.

Anyone else?

i cant believe it's already here! the deadline! i'm still trying to decide between chapman (with full ride) or loyola.  my hearty heart is in loyola though. 

Erin, I'm in the EXACT same situation.  Full ride to Chapman, which is literally down the street from where I currently live, OR Loyola.  I still haven't heard from Loyola about merit scholarships so it's going to be a tough decision..

Demigoddess

• Sr. Citizen
  • Legal Posh
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2007, 01:25:30 PM »
Just an FYI if you're trying to contact the admissions office - it is closed until Monday (the 9th) due to spring break.

I just called in an attempt to confirm that they received my first deposit and got the lovely voicemail.
"Bend & SNAP!" (Attending) = Loyola-LA
"What? Like it's hard?" (Accepted) = UMiami,U of San Diego,SMU-Dedman,Santa Clara U,Suffolk, SLU,Loyola-Chicago,Loyola-LA
"Apparently you get a really bad rash on your..."(R)=
"She's not completely unfortunate looking" (WL) = American U,USF

Imelda Marcos

• Sr. Citizen
  • If the "Choo" fits
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2007, 04:07:50 AM »
Also I called the financial office about merit awards, and they informed me that they had mostly been sent out weeks ago.  So I wrote the Dean an e-mail trying to leverage another offer for money at Loyola and I got one back saying unfortunately I'm not getting any, but they'd still love me to come yadda yadda.
It's Official Loyola class of 2010!!

WL still pending, fingers crossed it would make for a much easier decision!

undecided07

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2007, 07:49:07 AM »
I just wanted to pop in here to say that I'm going to be going to Loyola in the fall as well.  I had a tough time decided between Miami and Loyola, but since my heart was just pulling me to Los Angeles... I had to say yes.

I'm not going to be going to the April 27th ASD, due to work concerns, and instead am heading out there next Wednesday and staying with a friend.  I am starting to look at apartments, generally in mid-Wilshire and Hollywood.  I really prefer the Hollywood area though.

I'm coming in from New York City, so I'm looking to start a lease on July 1.  It gives me enough time to make a little bit more money to finance the move, as well as provide me a cushion so I won't go crazy when I'm in school thinking that I need to have a job to survive, and instead can just jump on things because I'd enjoy it.

I'd love to see this group grow!  For a while, I thought I was the only one seriously looking into Loyola.
~Loyola LA 2010~

Hollywood, sunshine, and a BMW. Who said law school can't be fun?

donvito

• Sr. Citizen
  • Just drifting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2007, 03:56:56 PM »
i am still waiting for any sign from loyola.  they never even emailed me when i sent in my application.  :-\

im pretty content with the schools i've gotten into thus far, but i'd still like to know the deal with loyola.
Mr. Braddock: Would you mind telling me then what those four years of college were for? What was the point of all that hard work?
Ben Braddock: You got me.

Pkorkis

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2007, 04:36:18 PM »
i am still waiting for any sign from loyola.  they never even emailed me when i sent in my application.  :-\

im pretty content with the schools i've gotten into thus far, but i'd still like to know the deal with loyola.
I didn't get an email, but rather a letter giving me my id & password to check my app status...I would call

p.s.
to all you others, i just sent in my first seat deposit today.  Bearing any freak acceptances (USC,UCLA,UNC), I will most likely be going there.  Visited the campus yesterday along w/ Southwesterns campus.

Loyola...
Not that impressed, sure the architecture is kind of cool.  A couple crazy looking buildings/designs.  Surrounding area is a DUMP...look outside the gates and there really isn't much to look at.  Campus is a bit small too.  Library seemed really depressing and out of date.  Overall, seemed like an average campus, but really nothing that great and really was NOT impressed with the library (which is disappointing b/c that's where law students seem to spend most their time).

Southwestern...
Not going there b/c Loyola is considerably better, but man that library is beautiful!  The mock courtroom they have in there looks amazing, and the library looks like its brand new.  Campus, they really don't have one, just a couple buildings...I guess that's what you get when there's no undergrad (same w/ Loyola, their undergrad is on a diff. campus)

I have a feeling I will be going to Loyola...then heading over to the Southwestern library with my best friend who is a student there...but whatever, Loyola is still a great law school, and a few unattractive buildings aren't going to deter me from the school
Going to (as of right now): Loyola LA

162, 3.37

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=Pkorkis

undecided07

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2007, 05:46:07 PM »
I agree that the downtown Loyola campus isn't the greatest, but I would urge you to head over to Marina del Rey and check out the main campus.  I think I may do a fair bit of studying there, unless it proves too much of a hassle to drive there from where I plan to live.

Oh Los Angeles logistics, why must you break my heart?
~Loyola LA 2010~

Hollywood, sunshine, and a BMW. Who said law school can't be fun?

Hiro

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2007, 12:14:14 PM »
I think I am most likely to go to Loyola although I am still waiting for UCLA. Since I am interested in entertainment law, Loyola is really exciting!

My problem is that I am a spoiled Japanese guy in NY w/ no driver's license... So I have to get it at first, and have to face the nutty LA traffic. I love my life;)

Pkorkis

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2007, 04:37:04 PM »
I think I am most likely to go to Loyola although I am still waiting for UCLA. Since I am interested in entertainment law, Loyola is really exciting!

My problem is that I am a spoiled Japanese guy in NY w/ no driver's license... So I have to get it at first, and have to face the nutty LA traffic. I love my life;)
Me too!  Why are you so excited though, I know Loyola has a bunch of entertainment law classes but what else do they have that makes you so excited?
Going to (as of right now): Loyola LA

162, 3.37

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=Pkorkis