Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LOYOLA  (Read 37765 times)

Imelda Marcos

• Sr. Citizen
  • If the "Choo" fits
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: LOYOLA
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2007, 11:33:26 PM »
Yeah I might go to the ASW on the 27th.  I live in OC so it wouldn't be difficult to get up there.  I just got WL @ Hastings but I'm trying to figure out if I do get into Hastings if I'd have any shots at jobs in LA, or if Loyola is better?!
It's Official Loyola class of 2010!!

WL still pending, fingers crossed it would make for a much easier decision!

erin0807

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2007, 08:39:14 PM »
Yeah I might go to the ASW on the 27th.  I live in OC so it wouldn't be difficult to get up there.  I just got WL @ Hastings but I'm trying to figure out if I do get into Hastings if I'd have any shots at jobs in LA, or if Loyola is better?!

where do u want to go? and where do you think you probably are going to go? we applied to almost exactly the same schools!

Imelda Marcos

• Sr. Citizen
  • If the "Choo" fits
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2007, 02:24:32 PM »
Really?  Well ultimately I'd like to stay in LA/SoCal.  So I was excited aout Loyola, but now with this Hastings WL I don't know what to do.  I don't really want to move North although I love SanFran I'd rather stay here.  However there has been some debate about OCI's only going into the top 10% of Loyola where as they go into the top 1/3 of Hastings class. 

So since Hastings is higher ranked and the OCI's go deeper into the class I'm debating making a play to get off the WL.  I definitely know though that when all is said and done I want to live in SoCal, or take a year clerkship in DC, and then come back.

How about you? Where do you want to go?

Demigoddess

• Sr. Citizen
  • Legal Posh
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2007, 09:42:24 PM »
Well, looks like I'll be going here part-time as I mailed out my first deposit on Friday. I will be using this week to withdraw from the other schools. Has anyone else decided on this school yet? I know the deadline isn't until April 13th but it'll be here before you know it.

I unfortunately won't be able to make Admitted Students Day.  :( I'll be finishing off a huge client at work, but I just booked my ticket to LA for the weekend of May 11th so I hope to see the school around then as well as find an apartment. As I'm expected in the LA office of my firm in the July 2nd timeframe, I'll be moving cross country from Boston to LA at the end of June. For anyone moving to the LA area - when do you plan to do so?

Hopefully this can turn into a small Loyola network so my stresses and anxieties can be alleviated... ???
"Bend & SNAP!" (Attending) = Loyola-LA
"What? Like it's hard?" (Accepted) = UMiami,U of San Diego,SMU-Dedman,Santa Clara U,Suffolk, SLU,Loyola-Chicago,Loyola-LA
"Apparently you get a really bad rash on your..."(R)=
"She's not completely unfortunate looking" (WL) = American U,USF

Imelda Marcos

• Sr. Citizen
  • If the "Choo" fits
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2007, 11:39:37 PM »
Hey Congrats on making the final decision.  Apartments in LA are seriously expensive, I drove up from the OC this past weekend and took a look at them.  Of course I don't want to be far from campus if I choose loyola so I looked at apartments downtown and in Burbank, roughly 1400-2200 for the amenities I need. (washer and dryer included)

I have visited the school a couple of times.  It took a little getting use to because it's so tiny and boxed in, but it's nice none the less.

XcuseMeMiss

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2007, 10:39:48 AM »
i read somewhere on LSD (can't find the thread anymore) that loyola does not allow its part timers to transfer to the full time division unlike other schools... can anyone verify this?

congrats to all of the loyola acceptees!

mugatu

• LSD Obsessed
  • I'll show YOU pacifist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2007, 01:32:54 PM »
i read somewhere on LSD (can't find the thread anymore) that loyola does not allow its part timers to transfer to the full time division unlike other schools... can anyone verify this?

congrats to all of the loyola acceptees!

I spoke with them last year and they said it rarely happened and was only a special circumstance.

I don't know if that means "we don't endorse it" or it means "you can do it, we jut don't tell anyone."

ps - you can find the search function on the "home" page.
Let me show you Derelicte. It is a fashion, a way of life inspired by the very homeless, the vagrants, the crack whores that make this wonderful city so unique.

They're break-dance fighting.

Demigoddess

• Sr. Citizen
  • Legal Posh
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2007, 12:39:48 PM »
Seeing as the April 13th deadline for first deposits is looming ahead of us (April 13th deadline folks!), has anyone decided on this school yet? It would be nice to set up a Loyolan network on here as the individual school board on the Students section of LSD is pretty dead.

I won't be able to make the admitted students day, but I'll be going over to LA in May to look for apts and visit the campus. Due to a work transfer, I'll be moving there for July 1st.

Anyone else?
"Bend & SNAP!" (Attending) = Loyola-LA
"What? Like it's hard?" (Accepted) = UMiami,U of San Diego,SMU-Dedman,Santa Clara U,Suffolk, SLU,Loyola-Chicago,Loyola-LA
"Apparently you get a really bad rash on your..."(R)=
"She's not completely unfortunate looking" (WL) = American U,USF

donvito

• Sr. Citizen
  • Just drifting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2007, 04:46:29 PM »
i havent even heard from loyola yet.  don't know what's up exactly.
Mr. Braddock: Would you mind telling me then what those four years of college were for? What was the point of all that hard work?
Ben Braddock: You got me.

erin0807

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2007, 05:24:57 PM »
Seeing as the April 13th deadline for first deposits is looming ahead of us (April 13th deadline folks!), has anyone decided on this school yet? It would be nice to set up a Loyolan network on here as the individual school board on the Students section of LSD is pretty dead.

I won't be able to make the admitted students day, but I'll be going over to LA in May to look for apts and visit the campus. Due to a work transfer, I'll be moving there for July 1st.

Anyone else?

i cant believe it's already here! the deadline! i'm still trying to decide between chapman (with full ride) or loyola.  my hearty heart is in loyola though.