Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LOYOLA  (Read 37493 times)

keelee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: LOYOLA
« Reply #70 on: April 24, 2007, 04:19:26 PM »
I'm thinking about hollywood too, I found an amazing place brand spanking new, with washer and dryer in apartment etc, thast is literally across the street from the mtro station. the metro is couple blocks from campus and loyola has a shuttle that will come pick you up from the sation and bring you to campus, just a though for some of you to consider.

Am I the only wuss here that would be afraid to take my laptop with me on the metro?   :-\

That same thought briefly crossed my mind, but I figure as long as you aren't advertising that you have it, it should be okay.  Just think non-descript bag.

You guys must come from non-urban areas.

Even if you advertise you have it, you will be fine. You'll even see people using their laptops on the subway. You aren't going to get robbed of a laptop on a train full with hundreds of commuters. You might get pickpocketd, but not robbed of a laptop.
Going to as of now...USC or Fordham.

payley

• saving the universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2007, 05:06:01 PM »
I'm thinking about hollywood too, I found an amazing place brand spanking new, with washer and dryer in apartment etc, thast is literally across the street from the mtro station. the metro is couple blocks from campus and loyola has a shuttle that will come pick you up from the sation and bring you to campus, just a though for some of you to consider.

Am I the only wuss here that would be afraid to take my laptop with me on the metro?   :-\

That same thought briefly crossed my mind, but I figure as long as you aren't advertising that you have it, it should be okay.  Just think non-descript bag.

Yeah and lots of people have aptops, I interned in DC this summer, and practically everyone on the metro there is a business person with money, laptops etc, and there metro is way way way more prevalent and populated then it is here.  I wouldn't be concerned about that.

Well, I was only half kidding.  I've never actually seen the metro system in LA, but I've heard it's a lot less used and less populated than other major cities.  Maybe I'd be more comfortable in larger numbers, who knows.

undecided07

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 24, 2007, 06:02:12 PM »
Actually I live in New York City and have lived in London as well, so I'm certainly not "non-urban."

Truth is anyone would be fine, but you have to have common sense.  It isn't true in all cases that with it displayed you would be fine as well... but perhaps I say that because I have known people who have been assaulted, and it just makes sense to me to be safe rather than sorry.  Plus I don't know why anyone would carry a laptop out of its case.

In other news, is anyone attending the open house?  I'm not since I was out there the just over a week ago and my work would be none too pleased with me if I were to take more vacation time.
~Loyola LA 2010~

Hollywood, sunshine, and a BMW. Who said law school can't be fun?

Pkorkis

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: April 24, 2007, 09:16:53 PM »
first off, i think we should let each other know if we get any additional info. in case "my/your" package gets lost in the mail - my deposit seemed to get lost for several days when I sent it in only 10 miles away, so now i'm extremely paranoid

and just a question - directed to everyone who's attending Loyola next fall - how old are you?
21 here...
Going to (as of right now): Loyola LA

162, 3.37

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=Pkorkis

undecided07

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 24, 2007, 09:33:00 PM »
I'm 21 and will be celebrating birthday #22 right around orientation.... yet I feel much older since I've been working like a dog the last 2 years!

Ask anyone else and they'll tell you my "real" is age is 36.

PS: About the deposit.  Never got notification that they got it, only noticed that they deposited it!!  Took them a good week or two to do so.
~Loyola LA 2010~

Demigoddess

• Sr. Citizen
  • Legal Posh
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 24, 2007, 09:35:53 PM »
Damm, I feel old compared to you guys. I just turned 24 on the 14th of April, but I've been out of college for 2 years now.
"Bend & SNAP!" (Attending) = Loyola-LA
"What? Like it's hard?" (Accepted) = UMiami,U of San Diego,SMU-Dedman,Santa Clara U,Suffolk, SLU,Loyola-Chicago,Loyola-LA
"Apparently you get a really bad rash on your..."(R)=
"She's not completely unfortunate looking" (WL) = American U,USF

Demigoddess

• Sr. Citizen
  • Legal Posh
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 24, 2007, 09:39:31 PM »
I'm 21 and will be celebrating birthday #22 right around orientation.... yet I feel much older since I've been working like a dog the last 2 years!

Ask anyone else and they'll tell you my "real" is age is 36.

PS: About the deposit.  Never got notification that they got it, only noticed that they deposited it!!  Took them a good week or two to do so.

Yeah, same here - no notification either but could see that they cashed my check per my bank statements. I tried calling them once but the office was closed due to spring break, then when I was ready to call again, I saw they deposited it. It's nice that they did it b/c I hate staring at my bank account knowing that $200 of the money in there I can't touch. It's like "Take it and get it over with!"  ::)
"Bend & SNAP!" (Attending) = Loyola-LA
"What? Like it's hard?" (Accepted) = UMiami,U of San Diego,SMU-Dedman,Santa Clara U,Suffolk, SLU,Loyola-Chicago,Loyola-LA
"Apparently you get a really bad rash on your..."(R)=
"She's not completely unfortunate looking" (WL) = American U,USF

payley

• saving the universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 24, 2007, 11:33:44 PM »
Howdy..

1) I'm 24, 25 in July.  I think I just might be the resident senior for now  :-\
2) Yup, I'll be attending the Open House this Friday.

Holla!

Imelda Marcos

• Sr. Citizen
  • If the "Choo" fits
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: April 25, 2007, 02:53:50 AM »
I forgot the open house was this Friday.  So I might try and drive up for it, might as well.  I sent my deposit int he day it was due, and it just posted today so don't worry I'm sure it's coming. 

I'm 23, but will be 24 in September, we maybe in our mid twenties but it's the average so no worries, besides at least some of you have been working I'm a fifth yesar graduating in June ahhhh lol.  At least my study habits will still be in good working order by August! ;D
It's Official Loyola class of 2010!!

WL still pending, fingers crossed it would make for a much easier decision!

undecided07

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 25, 2007, 07:55:51 AM »
You may have a leg up coming straight out of school.  After being in a non-learning environment for a while makes me wonder how quickly I'll be able to get back into the groove of things... and part of me wants to spend my summer attempting to enjoy myself rather than studying so I can study!
~Loyola LA 2010~