Law School Discussion

LOYOLA

Re: LOYOLA
« Reply #280 on: June 03, 2007, 02:06:15 PM »
Now let me ask you a question about your character. What does it say about you that you don't want to know the truth?

Are you kidding me? What "truth" exactly are you trying to enlighten me with that I refuse to see? You are now completely embarrassing yourself by coming across as a comical crusader of bull, trying to "empower" us and see the shining light of your truth. If it weren't so silly, I suppose it would be simply pretentious, but you get points for making us laugh I guess.

Considering that you know absolutely nothing about me, or anyone on this board, I have a really hard time believing that you know that there is some genuinely objective truth about where I should go to law school. Sure, there are statistics, and these are useful, but we can all read and are perfectly aware that it would have been nice to get in to UCLA. Statistics also don't tell you definitely where to go to school. Rankings, while important, don't factor in scholarships, or personal situations, which is why people don't automatically go to the best ranked school.

IM-Obviously it's your business how you spend your money and finance school, but I wouldn't feel guilty if you rely on your parents for a little help. My family isn't in the position to help me, and I paid for undergrad, and while it is a great feeling to have accomplished that, I don't think you should feel badly about getting help! I'm sure it'll make things easier, and it's not like you're asking them to help finance your partying lifestyle or something like that. So long as you're a niiice daughter, and grateful...and get them really nice stuff when you have a job (or even pay them back a little).

« Reply #281 on: June 03, 2007, 02:09:25 PM »
If only 16% of students get jobs through OCI at Loyola, then what exactly was the point of you telling us how bad it is to not be included at OCI?  Clearly we will be looking for jobs in other ways.

« Reply #282 on: June 03, 2007, 02:10:23 PM »
What "truth" exactly are you trying to enlighten me with?

For example, tier 2/3/4 OCI (see above.) As another example, this:

Loyola
-----------
Graduates known to be employed at graduation: 62.7%
Starting Salaries (2005 Graduates Employed Full-time)
Median in the private sector: $70,000
Percent in the private sector who reported salary information: 82%
Median in public service: $54,750

Southwestern
--------------
Graduates known to be employed at graduation: 80.9%
Median in the private sector: $65,000
Percent in the private sector who reported salary information: 31%
Median in public service: $55,000

USC
----------------
Graduates known to be employed at graduation: 94.5%
Median in the private sector: $125,000
Percent in the private sector who reported salary information: 75%
Median in public service: $55,000

« Reply #283 on: June 03, 2007, 02:11:49 PM »
These are statistics. We can read, see? So we got it, so what's the point?

Imelda Marcos

• If the "Choo" fits
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #284 on: June 03, 2007, 04:31:08 PM »
I just realized he might be slow.  After all he keeps posting that same old "stats".  Poor little guy.

Thanks for the support Pink. 

« Reply #285 on: June 03, 2007, 04:53:34 PM »
I just realized he might be slow.  After all he keeps posting that same old "stats".  Poor little guy.

Thanks for the support Pink. 

Does that mean I have to be nice? Iiiiick!

« Reply #286 on: June 03, 2007, 10:28:12 PM »
"stats"

If you don't believe the "stats," then why don't you call your school and ask for the raw employment data?

« Reply #287 on: June 03, 2007, 11:08:01 PM »
"stats"

If you don't believe the "stats," then why don't you call your school and ask for the raw employment data?
I believe you Wii...thank you.  ::)   Have a good one

Everyone just needs to stop concerning themselves w/ him...

Imelda Marcos

• If the "Choo" fits
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #288 on: June 04, 2007, 01:10:21 PM »
"stats"

Ditto, I'm officially done giving this loser any time.  PK-when are you moving up?  I'm oing to WeHo today again to check out the area.  Pink which area are you going too?

« Reply #289 on: June 04, 2007, 01:35:47 PM »
"stats"

Ditto, I'm officially done giving this loser any time.  PK-when are you moving up?  I'm oing to WeHo today again to check out the area.  Pink which area are you going too?
I'm not set on a specific date yet.  My brother lives in Calabasas so in a few weeks I'm going to move up there with him for a bit until my buddy is ready to move into our place for the year.  So I'll be up there officially in my new place probably in like a month or so.