Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LOYOLA  (Read 37259 times)

Matokah

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ice? In Sacramento? Hmm. . .
    • View Profile
Re: LOYOLA
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2006, 11:10:53 PM »
They allow you to state your preference if you get waitlisted.  That happened to me last year.  (Loyola LA)

Good to know.  Thanks for the clarification.

So. . .if they waitlist me for part-time (which is what I applied for), can I tell them my preference is full-time?  :D

(Okay, no one thought that was funny but me.  I need sleep)
University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law 2010!!

(LSN)

mugatu

• LSD Obsessed
  • I'll show YOU pacifist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2006, 11:12:57 PM »
I know that was a joke, but i don't know.

I doubt it, though. 
Let me show you Derelicte. It is a fashion, a way of life inspired by the very homeless, the vagrants, the crack whores that make this wonderful city so unique.

They're break-dance fighting.

payley

• saving the universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2007, 06:57:51 PM »
 tag

erin0807

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2007, 01:17:31 PM »
I GOT IN yay

Pkorkis

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2007, 07:12:35 PM »
I GOT IN yay
When did you go complete?
Going to (as of right now): Loyola LA

162, 3.37

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=Pkorkis

erin0807

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2007, 05:16:17 PM »
On the 23rd of January I went complete, heard back on the 1st of February.

Demigoddess

• Sr. Citizen
  • Legal Posh
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2007, 06:11:42 PM »
Does anyone know if Loyola (Los Angeles) started accepting part-timers yet? I applied there back in October for the evening program and I'm getting just a wee bit antsy...

Any help would be great!
"Bend & SNAP!" (Attending) = Loyola-LA
"What? Like it's hard?" (Accepted) = UMiami,U of San Diego,SMU-Dedman,Santa Clara U,Suffolk, SLU,Loyola-Chicago,Loyola-LA
"Apparently you get a really bad rash on your..."(R)=
"She's not completely unfortunate looking" (WL) = American U,USF

Matokah

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2007, 07:37:55 PM »
Demi, I'm pretty sure they haven't accepted PTers yet.  No one on lsn has been accepted at least.  I looked at last year's results, too, and I think the earliest acceptance was late February with most being in April and May (which sucks because I have deposits due way before May and I'm not made of money).  Then again, there were only 3-4 PT acceptances on LSN that I saw, so that's not a very great sample.

(LSN)

Demigoddess

• Sr. Citizen
  • Legal Posh
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2007, 11:23:34 PM »
And a week after I ask about Loyola... I get ACCEPTED!!!

Accepted today for the part-time program! Totally thrilled as this was a reach school for me as well as one of my top choices.

I checked the status checker and it said Decision on 2/15/07. So it's worth a shot looking at the status checker to see if yours is on the way.  ;)

"Bend & SNAP!" (Attending) = Loyola-LA
"What? Like it's hard?" (Accepted) = UMiami,U of San Diego,SMU-Dedman,Santa Clara U,Suffolk, SLU,Loyola-Chicago,Loyola-LA
"Apparently you get a really bad rash on your..."(R)=
"She's not completely unfortunate looking" (WL) = American U,USF

Matokah

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2007, 12:38:15 AM »
Just wanted to revive this thread and see if anyone's considering coming to the admitted students day on 27 April.

I wasn't originally planning on attending, but who am I kidding?  Living in LA has been a pipedream of mine since I was 15.  Even if I decide not to go because the BF prefers NorCal and/or Pacific offers me more money, I'd like to have the opportunity to evaluate the school in person.  Plus, I have family down there who've offered to let me stay with them, so really I just need to pay for the cost of the flight (and the $200 deposit that's due the week beforehand ;)).  I think the cost will hurt me in the short-term, but looking at this from a long-term point of view, $450 is not going to kill me.  And, as I said above, I'd get to visit family, so it's a good thing all around.

Now. . .have any part-timers been awarded scholarships at all?  This is a big concern for me, since they cost a bunch (also, would anyone mind explaining the discrepancy between the cost of full-time and part-time?  3 years full-time would cost approx. $101K whereas 4 years part-time is around $89K.  Wouldn't the same amount of credits cost the same amount?  Or are they not including the cost of summer sessions in that part-time figure?  I'm confused).

I'm going to email the dean of admissions this week to verify the date of the program and to inquire about scholarship possibilities.  I see they've got a public interest scholarship, but although I want to go into PI work, I don't have much of a background in it to speak of since I had to work throughout undergrad.  We'll see.

I'm just about as excited about Loyola as I am about Pacific.  Hopefully one of these makes itself known as the clear winner before I get incredibly frustrated and confused trying to choose between the two of them. :)

(LSN)