Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LOYOLA  (Read 37211 times)

erin0807

• View Profile
    • Email
LOYOLA
« on: October 18, 2006, 09:29:48 PM »
i have about a 3.33 and could probably hit a 160 LSAT on a good day  :-[

would it help me if i applied as part time?

KingJason

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: LOYOLA
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 04:19:03 PM »
WHAT!!! if you can hit a 160 consider the 1 - 50 range of schools, im a 1L trust me. wit dat score and your GPA yoou  would get auto admit. but u didnt hear it from me.

erin0807

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2006, 06:11:05 PM »
haha aw thanks for the encouragment but im more of a realist...

LT_Eagels_1

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2006, 03:56:42 PM »
i have about a 3.33 and could probably hit a 160 LSAT on a good day  :-[

would it help me if i applied as part time?
If you can hit a 160, you shuld aim higher, btw, which Loyola are you talking about?

Matokah

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ice? In Sacramento? Hmm. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2006, 03:57:22 PM »
Are you talking about Loyola in LA?  I'm applying to their part-time program (I'd rather do full-time, but 1) I have not much of a shot and 2) I should have a job lined up so I could cut down on loans).  My LSDAS GPA is 3.7+ and I have a 158.  I'm under the impression that, for full-time, I wouldn't have much of a shot, but I'd be more of a target/small reach for part-time.

I think if you have a 160 or so and a decent GPA, you should be fine as long as all your supporting material is strong.
University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law 2010!!

(LSN)

Sunshine Bound

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2006, 04:00:34 PM »
well I'm applying there full-time with 3.6 and 160..and according to LSN, it's not that much of a reach.(and it's not a safety either).. so I think you should be fine.

erin0807

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2006, 03:55:52 PM »
thanks for the encouraging words

i was actually wondering if you apply for Full Time and you don't get in, will they consider you for part time?

Lew31

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2006, 09:43:35 PM »
Think it depends on the school. I would check with them specifically.

Matokah

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ice? In Sacramento? Hmm. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2006, 10:19:17 PM »
I've heard of people applying full-time to Loyola, getting waitlisted, and then later being offered a spot in their part-time program.  They didn't have the option to choose both like some schools do.  If you end up getting waitlisted, you could always mention in a letter of intent that Loyola's your first choice and you'd be willing to attend the part-time program if there are no more spots in the full-time division.  Otherwise, if you want full-time, I'd apply full-time.
University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law 2010!!

(LSN)

mugatu

• LSD Obsessed
  • I'll show YOU pacifist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2006, 10:22:25 PM »
I've heard of people applying full-time to Loyola, getting waitlisted, and then later being offered a spot in their part-time program.  They didn't have the option to choose both like some schools do.  If you end up getting waitlisted, you could always mention in a letter of intent that Loyola's your first choice and you'd be willing to attend the part-time program if there are no more spots in the full-time division.  Otherwise, if you want full-time, I'd apply full-time.

They allow you to state your preference if you get waitlisted.  That happened to me last year.  (Loyola LA)
Let me show you Derelicte. It is a fashion, a way of life inspired by the very homeless, the vagrants, the crack whores that make this wonderful city so unique.

They're break-dance fighting.