Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Cant change avatar  (Read 1981 times)

M2

Cant change avatar
« on: August 26, 2004, 02:07:32 AM »
Can't change my avatar...

I put in the url for the pic, and hit ok...and it acts like its doing something, then it comes back and it only gives me the option to upload or choose form the lsit of actors/musicians...

I tried uploading a pic too to no avail... anyone else having issues?

noell.sweet

Re: Cant change avatar
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2004, 09:06:40 AM »
I had that same problem too, but I noticed that if you make you avatar smaller, it will appear.  I guess for me, the files over a certain size would not work.  Because the URL was exactly the same, and the pic was exactly the same.  So try making it smaller (file size and height/width size).

Andrew

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I just think the thing should work properly."
    • View Profile
    • Andrew Sinclair
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2004, 09:23:37 AM »
There's a 100 by 100 pixel maximum.  Right now anything over that doesn't work.  I'll be fixing that soon so that oversized avatars will be re-sized to 100 by 100, but I need a few days (moving apartments).

M2

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2004, 12:15:40 PM »
thanks!

L1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2004, 04:29:32 PM »
I'm having the same problem. How do you modify the size of the picture on My Pictures for Windows XP. I right clicked on the picture and pressed edit then under Paint I changed the size but it just looks like a plain black blob now. I don't understand why it's doing this now, since I'm using the same camera and program that I've used in the past. I even tried to reload my old avatar and it still wouldn't work.

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2004, 05:45:16 PM »
There's a 100 by 100 pixel maximum.  Right now anything over that doesn't work.  I'll be fixing that soon so that oversized avatars will be re-sized to 100 by 100, but I need a few days (moving apartments).

Good luck moving, Andrew!  Congrats on graduation :)  And good luck waiting for Bar results!
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

Andrew

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Andrew Sinclair
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2004, 06:59:49 PM »
I'm still working on this.  It might be done soon (ie tonight) or it might take a little longer (next week).

You should be able to resize an image in any image editing program.  If all you have is MS Paint, try the "stretch / skew" option.

Andrew

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Andrew Sinclair
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2004, 08:49:38 PM »
Okay folks - Avatars should be fixed.  You can now upload a picture of any size or choose one from the internet (respecting copyrights of course).  The picture will automatically be resized to 100 pixels at it's largest dimension.  Let me know if you're still having trouble.