Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Tony Blair's Comment - CNN  (Read 8797 times)

BrerAnansi

• Sr. Citizen
  • Thread Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Tony Blair's Comment - CNN
« Reply #90 on: October 18, 2006, 08:18:20 PM »
That's not even what the whole thing was about!  Apart from any of his other views on that or any other subject, it was Blair's comment on the ideal of balancing integration with multiculturalism.

I said that such a call for balance, given the European climate, was appropriate.

Appropriate for whom??...
Grrr...

Quote from: 1LCorvo
If there aren't any arguments against my claims, then I'll depart gracefully. Feel free to continue the concordant attack on my character, it's funny.

Quote from: Saxibbles
Hugs,
Look to the f-ing left.

FossilJ

• LSD Obsessed
  • Carbon-date THIS, biznitch!
    • View Profile
    • Cricket Rules!
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: October 18, 2006, 08:19:33 PM »
Your real motive in entering this as a response would be helpful...

Sure.  Discussing an organization of which you no little/nothing about and attempting to use it as evidence in an argument in the way that the poster is doing with Due Sicilie is without merit, given that he obviously does not comprehend the reasons for its creation and what it stands for.

I'm not going to pretend to be an expert, but I suppose a statement by the movement itself would suffice:

Our point of view is unorthodox, we believe the Two Sicilies to be --still today, after 146 years of occupation-- an "internal colony" of Italy, and that historically, culturally, linguistically, southern Italy constitutes a Nation on its own. If you believe acritically in the propaganda of "Risorgimento" and do not like to hear a different point of view, then this site is not for you.

I highlighted the important part so you can discuss it with your girlfriend and fellow Sicilians.

(from www.duesicilie.eu, formerly www.duesicilie.org)
Pish, J only wants to waste YOUR time.  Get wise.

President_Baccaga

« Reply #92 on: October 18, 2006, 08:22:50 PM »
Are you going to actually address the point today or are you going to keep name-dropping instead?  

At least paraphrase my point for me so that I know you understood it.

That you like to integrate names of organizations into your argument of which you no little or nothing?

Nor does it mean you understand it, Mister Sicilian Girlfriend.  Again, I wonder why you become so obstinate and defensive and refuse to comprehend the point being made.

Okay, actually, here I understand it.  I was mocking your tone.  Meh.  This is all irrelevant, anyway.

Riiigggghhhhttt... well, I'll take my chances and assume that my experiences in Sicily (where I have a business, where I have lived for a couple of years, where I have had discussions with people from different walks of life throughout the island regarding this particular issue, where I "ho da fare" with the mafia, etc.) give me at least adequate ability to understand it quite well, and certainly better than you...

President_Baccaga

« Reply #93 on: October 18, 2006, 08:25:59 PM »
I highlighted the important part so you can discuss it with your girlfriend and fellow Sicilians.

Yes... now you understand it (especially the motives behind it) because you Googled it and read a statement on the Internet.  Awesome.  Cugghiumi.  Maybe you could Google that in as well and see what pops up...

FossilJ

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Cricket Rules!
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: October 18, 2006, 08:28:09 PM »
Nor does it mean you understand it, Mister Sicilian Girlfriend.  Again, I wonder why you become so obstinate and defensive and refuse to comprehend the point being made.

Okay, actually, here I understand it.  I was mocking your tone.  Meh.  This is all irrelevant, anyway.

Riiigggghhhhttt... well, I'll take my chances and assume that my experiences in Sicily (where I have a business, where I have lived for a couple of years, where I have had discussions with people from different walks of life throughout the island regarding this particular issue, where I "ho da fare" with the mafia, etc.) give me at least adequate ability to understand it quite well, and certainly better than you...

This is not a point I disputed, or will dispute.  

What part of "irrelevant" do you not understand?

Are you going to actually address the point today or are you going to keep name-dropping instead?  

That you like to integrate names of organizations into your argument of which you no little or nothing?

No, seriously.  My original argument, regarding countries and cultures.  Because I still have not seen evidence that you comprehended what I was saying.  I've danced down these tangents enough.  I actually want to have a discussion with you, not the mud-slinging that's going on right now (yeah, we're both equally guilty -- but the snipes are fun, aren't they?).

FossilJ

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Cricket Rules!
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: October 18, 2006, 08:29:16 PM »

Yes... now you understand it (especially the motives behind it) because you Googled it and read a statement on the Internet.  Awesome.  Cugghiumi.  Maybe you could Google that in as well and see what pops up...

Dude.  It's the organization's own website.  I'm just telling you what they say. 

I repeat: IT IS THEIR WEBSITE. 

President_Baccaga

« Reply #96 on: October 18, 2006, 08:48:15 PM »

Dude.  It's the organization's own website.  I'm just telling you what they say. 

*Yawn*  Dude.  I know where you found it.  The point is, you don't understand it.  Reading a one liner on the Internet simply doesn't get the job done.

That's the last you're going to hear about it from me.  I'm tired of repeating the same sh!t; if you're ever in Sicily and you're genuinely interested in the group and what it stands for, let me know... I'll put you in touch with someone that could definitely help.

That's all for tonight folks...

FossilJ

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Cricket Rules!
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: October 18, 2006, 08:50:19 PM »

No, seriously.  My original argument, regarding countries and cultures.  Because I still have not seen evidence that you comprehended what I was saying.  I've danced down these tangents enough.  I actually want to have a discussion with you, not the mud-slinging that's going on right now (yeah, we're both equally guilty -- but the snipes are fun, aren't they?).

I notice that you leave without having addressed this point.

Shall I consider that surrender of your counterclaims?

FossilJ

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Cricket Rules!
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: October 18, 2006, 08:52:42 PM »

*Yawn*  Dude.  I know where you found it.  The point is, you don't understand it.  Reading a one liner on the Internet simply doesn't get the job done.

That's the last you're going to hear about it from me.  I'm tired of repeating the same sh!t; if you're ever in Sicily and you're genuinely interested in the group and what it stands for, let me know... I'll put you in touch with someone that could definitely help.

That's all for tonight folks...

I don't need to understand anything beyond the mandate that the group itself espouses.  As far as I'm concerned, that's a pretty simple mandate, and does enough to prove exactly what I said earlier: that culture and country are not the same thing.

redemption

« Reply #99 on: October 18, 2006, 08:54:55 PM »
Eh, you're talking to a wall.

parsley's position seems different to his.