Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: application error question  (Read 219 times)

austinite

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
application error question
« on: October 17, 2006, 06:22:02 PM »
so i was looking at my processed application to boston college and noticed there was a random sentence that said " - write thesis" in the academic honors section. Literally it has no business being there. Should I call them and let them know I'm aware of the mistake?

tzip

Re: application error question
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 06:39:54 PM »
looking around this site I realize the obvious, and that is that when you write 15 apps, you are bound to make one or two mistakes. not everyone does, but appearntly many of us do, i know i did. now i dont know what the right course of action for you is, but i will say that i think this forum is a gathering point for the all of the world's most stressed and over achieving L1 wanna-bes. i think there is a tendency to take things too seriously around here. i might very well be wrong when i say "dont worry about it, im sure a little mistake like that will not be noticed, and even if it will, will be ignored" but then again, i know as much about what goes inside that committee as anyone else here, which isn't much at all. my point, take it easy, you might be urged to send in flowers and an apology letter, and prepare to be auto-dinged from every school you ever applied to, but i have a feeling that like most advice LSD, you should take it with a grain of salt.

austinite

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 06:42:15 PM »
they are going to be at my law fair next week, so i'm going to ask them personally. I'm not too stressed about it, but it is a dumb error. blah. I'd really like to go there! (boston college!)

tzip

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 07:07:51 PM »
i know what you mean. it sucks knowing that you turned in something that isn't as good as it coulda been. on the other hand, they see 100000 apps, and give each 4 min if you're lucky. i find it hard to believe that they look for the smallest mistakes, and when they notice them, that they would just toss it for that. it seems like you give them 75 bucks, so they would respect your app enough to read beyond this sort of thing.