////

• View Profile
Why it will be Friday - No insider info here
« on: October 17, 2006, 04:14:02 PM »
yoinks

LT_Eagels_1

Re: Why it will be Friday - No insider info here
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 04:18:43 PM »
My theory is that when angry people get their scores back by Friday afternoon, there will be no one in the office to respond to complaints about scores possibly being misgraded.  Giving the hot heads the weekend to cool off might ease the storm a little bit before Monday morning. 

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 04:19:28 PM »
I certainly hope those are not based on our scores...I have never heard of MANY of the schools that have sent me promotional emails...

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 04:29:34 PM »
does anyone know if that is true?

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2006, 04:33:49 PM »

Seriously?  He was pretty clear that he was purely speculating.

.zone.

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2006, 04:36:17 PM »
My theory is that when angry people get their scores back by Friday afternoon, there will be no one in the office to respond to complaints about scores possibly being misgraded.  Giving the hot heads the weekend to cool off might ease the storm a little bit before Monday morning. 

This is my theory as well.  They give us our scores right before they go home so they don't have to listen to us whine!  :D

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2006, 05:37:15 PM »
I certainly hope those are not based on our scores...I have never heard of MANY of the schools that have sent me promotional emails...

Yes LSAC pre-releases the scores to schools so they know who to target with their e-mails.

rtqw

• Jim Tressel drinks wine coolers
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2006, 05:44:40 PM »
The June test scores were sent on a Thursday.

Jets

• At least the Pats missed the playoffs...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2006, 06:55:46 PM »

Yes LSAC pre-releases the scores to schools so they know who to target with their e-mails.

This is not true. I was afraid of the same, and called to confirm. If you're receiving e-mails, it's probably because you're registered for an upcoming forum for which the e-mails are entirely arbitrary. I've heard from as good as W&L/ND and as bad as Cooley.

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2006, 07:04:22 PM »

This is not true. I was afraid of the same, and called to confirm. If you're receiving e-mails, it's probably because you're registered for an upcoming forum for which the e-mails are entirely arbitrary. I've heard from as good as W&L/ND and as bad as Cooley.
Damn, Cooley hasn't sent me anything. I envy you  :-\