Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Should I take the February or June 2007 LSAT???  (Read 871 times)

HaciM36

• Sr. Citizen
  • YUM YUM YUM
    • AOL Instant Messenger - HAC1M36
    • View Profile
Should I take the February or June 2007 LSAT???
« on: October 17, 2006, 10:38:22 AM »
Since I know I'm definitely not applying to schools until next Fall I was planning on taking the February LSAT, but I've heard mixed comments/opinons about the different LSATS and that the February may be unique compared to the rest. Should I just use the extra few months to keep studying or depending on my practice test scores relative to my goal decide when to take it? Does anyone know how the February LSAT usually is compared to the June??? Thanks!
And shepherds we shall be, for thee my Lord for thee, power hath descended forthfrom thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. We shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.

skeeball

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Should I take the February or June 2007 LSAT???
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 10:42:07 AM »
The only thing I know for sure about the Feb. exam is that they don't release the test afterward. I don't think they release the scale either. So if you end up re-taking, you can't think "Well I really bombed the games section, so I should focus on improving that first..." because you don't know WHERE you screwed up.

iscoredawaitlist

• Sr. Citizen
  • The beagle puppy of anticipation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 10:46:24 AM »
i don't, but if you can feel reasonably ready for the feb test, I'd suggest taking it in February. First, you get a real feeling for how the test is and the stress associated. Second, you can cancel it if you need to... or if you don't and you don't do so hot, you can retake in June and still be way ahead of the cycle.

I just think that taking in Feb gives you a few more options

The cost of canceling your score increases the later you take the test. Canceling in Feb is no big deal, the cost for canceling in June is a little higher because it means you'll be rushing apps out after you take the October test although you'll still be pretty well placed in the cycle. Canceling the Sept test puts you behind in the cycle. And canceling the Dec test pretty much puts you out of the cycle altogether.

Zam

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 10:52:51 AM »
I took the Feb. test and I don't recommend it. The Feb. tests are known for being wonky. Only three Feb. tests have ever been released, they are in the Superprep book I believe. I would recommend taking it in June: you will still be very early.

The only caveat is that if you think you may need to re-take, you could take the Feb. test and then take it again in June. However, no one should ever go into the LSAT thinking they will need to re-take it. Be ready the first time, irregardless of current ABA policy.

iscoredawaitlist

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2006, 10:57:56 AM »
I took the Feb. test and I don't recommend it. The Feb. tests are known for being wonky. Only three Feb. tests have ever been released, they are in the Superprep book I believe. I would recommend taking it in June: you will still be very early.

The only caveat is that if you think you may need to re-take, you could take the Feb. test and then take it again in June. However, no one should ever go into the LSAT thinking they will need to re-take it. Be ready the first time, irregardless of current ABA policy.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Zam

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2006, 11:41:14 AM »
Quote from: Elmira Fudd  Be ready the first time, [b
irregardless [/b] of current ABA policy.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Does my word choice offend you?

smack

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2006, 11:49:06 AM »
irregardless is NOT a word!  Ha.  Think that is why the previous poster screamed...

Zam

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2006, 11:55:50 AM »
It is a nonstandard form of regardless. Ok, maybe I should have said regardless, but I feel that on a forum where we use acronyms in place of common phrases, and question marks are used in conjunction with exclamation points,  nonstandard forms of words are the least of our problems.

http://www.yourdictionary.com/ahd/i/i0238400.html

iscoredawaitlist

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2006, 11:58:28 AM »
Quote from: Elmira Fudd  Be ready the first time, [b
irregardless [/b] of current ABA policy.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Does my word choice offend you?

It is a nonstandard form of regardless. Ok, maybe I should have said regardless, but I feel that on a forum where we use acronyms in place of common phrases, and question marks are used in conjunction with exclamation points,  nonstandard forms of words are the least of our problems.

http://www.yourdictionary.com/ahd/i/i0238400.html

Well, normally I'd agree with you. I don't really have problems with people using abbreviations and slang. But irregardless is particularly painful because it "sounds" smart and educated, but it's actually the complete reverse of that.

that being said, it's not a huge deal. It's just one that I just couldn't let go.

Zam

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2006, 12:04:23 PM »

that being said, it's not a huge deal. It's just one that I just couldn't let go.
I can see that. Fast, inattentive typing while at work will do all sorts of things to your posts. I am unapologetic, but by all means carry on with your stickler tendencies.