Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Should I take February or June 2007 LSAT???  (Read 2979 times)

HaciM36

• Sr. Citizen
  • YUM YUM YUM
    • AOL Instant Messenger - HAC1M36
    • View Profile
Should I take February or June 2007 LSAT???
« on: October 17, 2006, 10:37:23 AM »
Since I know I'm definitely not applying to schools until next Fall I was planning on taking the February LSAT, but I've heard mixed comments/opinons about the different LSATS and that the February may be unique compared to the rest. Should I just use the extra few months to keep studying or depending on my practice test scores relative to my goal decide when to take it? Does anyone know how the February LSAT usually is compared to the June??? Thanks!
And shepherds we shall be, for thee my Lord for thee, power hath descended forthfrom thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. We shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.

Skipper

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Should I take February or June 2007 LSAT???
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2006, 03:13:10 PM »
One thing to consider is that in June of 2007, LSAC is introducing a new form of reading comprehension questions. I don't know all of the details but it is on the mainpage of the LSAC website.

Anyone who writes the June 2007 exam will have no previous LSAT questions to work with. I expect the scale will compensate for this, but it's a consideration nonetheless. the devil you know is better than the devil you don't.

Denny Crane

• LSD Obsessed
  • Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2006, 03:50:47 PM »
Both the Feb and June LSATs will be strange to you most likely.  The February LSAT is composed entirely of experimental sections from previous exams (and perhaps some never-before-seen ones as well). I took the Feb exam of this year and despite having studied extensively (including a TestMasters course) there were problems on the exam I was wholly unfamiliar with.  I anticipate the same might be true for the next Feb Exam.  Skipper is right to mention the change in the June LSAT.  But at least with that exam, LSAC will be releasing some examples of the new reading comp questions beforehand, so you should have plenty of time to study for them.  The Feb exam will be the last time to take the test as you've known it so far (ie: no change in reading comp section), but it may still look unfamiliar to you.  I would say do the June exam.  But really it's a toss-up with no clear decision.
Yale.Law.School.2010

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 02:16:16 PM »
All LSATs are made up of previous experimental sections.  That's what they're used for!  There isn't a major difference in the makeup of the February test.  The difference is that it is non-disclosed, so you don't get your test back.  You only have your score, so you'll have no idea what questions you got wrong.  This is only harmful if you plan to retake, because you can review the test to help you improve.

The major benefit of the June exam is that it is in the afternoon, so if you're not a morning person (like me), then you can take it when you're brain is alert and ready.
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

younghova

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2006, 03:36:22 PM »
as I understand it, you will not see see a photocopy of your answer sheet on the feb. exam, because it is non-disclosed.

that stresses me out (i just got a point back by observing that the machine didn't count one of my correct answers on the sept 30 exam).

orangie

• Sr. Citizen
  • GULC '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2006, 03:40:58 PM »
What the poster above said.  Feb tests are undisclosed, so you will not be able to see your answers or questions from the test, so you won't know where you made your mistakes and if you  misbubbled.

iSalute

• Sr. Citizen
  • Freedom don't come free
    • View Profile
    • Check us out...
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2006, 02:03:00 AM »
Take June. You will rock it.
The University of San Diego c/o 2011.

http://themeaningofmadness.blogspot.com/

Lew31

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2006, 08:27:17 PM »
I'd go June.