Law School Discussion

Republican and Gay

redemption

Re: Republican and Gay
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2006, 07:32:25 AM »
Although I consider myself a Democrat, I think it is somewhat myopic to hold contempt for a gay republican

Don't be silly. The choice is not between republican and democrat, it between whether to join up with people who are disgusted by you or not. If your dignity and humanity is worth trading for a $300 or $3000 check in the mail, you're beneath contempt.

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2006, 07:33:59 AM »
oh so i guess i should just give up on them. thanks for enlightening me.

you can join them if you wish.  id like to hear how welcoming they are if you go to a meeting and wear a rainbow pin...

redemption

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2006, 07:44:54 AM »

you can join them if you wish.  id like to hear how welcoming they are if you go to a meeting and wear a rainbow pin...

Um. Ho do you know that I'm not Republican?  ???

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2006, 07:47:36 AM »

Um. Ho do you know that I'm not Republican?  ???

i wasnt referring to you Jane  ;)

and howd you know im a Ho?  ;D

'tiki

• Big Red goes to Philly
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2006, 07:53:52 AM »
Don't be silly. The choice is not between republican and democrat, it between whether to join up with people who are disgusted by you or not. If your dignity and humanity is worth trading for a $300 or $3000 check in the mail, you're beneath contempt.

You are thinking that all gay republicans care about is less taxes. Making democratic choices is more than one or two issues, if you can't see that then I am sorry. By the way there are tons of Democrats just as disgusted like most Republicans (see examples of Dem Senators above). The choice is not as clear as you make it seem.

'tiki

• Big Red goes to Philly
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2006, 08:00:17 AM »
This is exactly the reason why I hate the gay community sometimes. You preach tolerance and open-mindedness yet when a gay person doesn't fit what you think a gay person should be, you jump all over them.

Word.  ;)

redemption

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2006, 08:06:39 AM »

You are thinking that all gay republicans care about is less taxes. Making democratic choices is more than one or two issues, if you can't see that then I am sorry. By the way there are tons of Democrats just as disgusted like most Republicans (see examples of Dem Senators above). The choice is not as clear as you make it seem.

Haha. Did university professors join the Khmer Rouge because they liked the country air?

As I have said before -- and this is a point you seem stuck on -- the choice is not between democrats and republicans, it's about whether to join the Republicans or not. Republicans outside ME, VT and RI court hatred. It's their strategy; it's the base from which they spring.  I dig that your average white straight joe might not care about that, but if you're gay, black etc -- that should register somewhere in your consciousness and make you pause.

What do gay republicans care about, anyway? Freedom? Equality? the Judao-Christian Tradition? The War on Terror? Please.

redemption

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2006, 08:07:45 AM »
This is exactly the reason why I hate the gay community sometimes. You preach tolerance and open-mindedness yet when a gay person doesn't fit what you think a gay person should be, you jump all over them. Everyone can have their own beliefs. I think everybody should be able to be a part of whatever party they want to, whether they are gay, straight, black, white, rich, poor. Don't invalidate others' beliefs by assuming that you know better than they do which party aligns more with their best interests. That's just arrogant.

Who are you talking to? Me? I'm straight.

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2006, 08:08:07 AM »

Haha. Did university professors join the Khmer Rouge because they liked the country air?

As I have said before -- and this is a point you seem stuck on -- the choice is not between democrats and republicans, it's about whether to join the Republicans or not. Republicans outside ME, VT and RI court hatred. It's their strategy; it's the base from which they spring.  I dig that your average white straight joe might not care about that, but if you're gay, black etc -- that should register somewhere in your consciousness and make you pause.

What do gay republicans care about, anyway? Freedom? Equality? the Judao-Christian Tradition? The War on Terror? Please.

its how they won the south...

redemption

« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2006, 08:08:43 AM »

its how they won the south...

No *&^%.   :)