Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: cell phone  (Read 3007 times)

yourock_mysocks

• View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
cell phone
« on: October 16, 2006, 12:17:26 PM »
this actually happened back during the June test...

Someone in my room had a cell phone ring, as if that wasn't bad enough, they didn't even try and turn it off! The whole room was looking around and they just sat there taking their test. Finally the proctor started walking around searching for the noise. When he finally got to her desk she looked at him and said 'oh can you take this outside' and handed him her ringing bag.

It was the only section I had to rush through, I'm still a little bitter about the whole situation. Worst of all nothing happend to the girl, not even a harsh warning!

Lew31

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: cell phone
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2006, 08:28:05 PM »
BS. I guess some people just can't stand to be away from their cell phones for 4 hours.

JTG

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 10:13:17 PM »
I will freak out if this happens to me during my first LSAT on Saturday. I need silence.

ANBUDOM

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 11:45:35 PM »
One examinee's cell phone went off during the writing portion at the very end.  By that time everyone was so exhausted and apathetic that nobody seemed to really care. 

On a related note: during an undergrad final exam, some dumbass had his phone go off and instead of immediately turning it off, he picked it up, looked at his phone to see who was calling him, smiled, then turned it off.  Fortunately for him, assaulting a student during an exam would get you expelled. 
testing testing 1 2 3

AustinJenny

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 09:03:46 AM »
A few years ago, I heard a similar story except that it was the PROCTOR's cell phone that rang.  Believe it or not the proctor answered the call!  She left the room to continue the conversation but managed to thoroughlyl stress out a lot of test-takers in the process.

Tetris

• Sr. Citizen
  • Michigan Rocks
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2007, 08:13:26 PM »
Sick.  I had a similar experience except the kid was dismissed from the test.  Haha, take that.  I actually just posted a thread related to it on this board because I want to report the irregularity to LSAC.
_______
.|E|R|S.