Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Shy and Thinking About Law School - INSANE?????  (Read 14523 times)

ladyluck007

• View Profile
Shy and Thinking About Law School - INSANE?????
« on: October 14, 2006, 01:45:42 AM »
I have kind of a silly question. I've asked it of friends already and was met with a very mixed response.. basically: "No way!" or "Go for it!"

I'm a very shy person. I've tried to overcome it, and I have done so externally. That is, I can fool a classroom into believing that I am totally confidant, eloquent, etc. I've even been asked several times to be the head/speaker for group projects and presentations. So what's the problem? Well, the problem is that although I may be externally okay.. internally I'm a mess, and I punish myself for days prior to the event with horrible anxiety. I'm the person who seeks jobs where I can mostly work on my own and out of the limelight, and you'll definitely never see me doing karaoke at the bar :P

My question: Should I forget law school?

I've planned on going to law school for the past two years simply because, hey, I love the law. I find it endlessly interesting, and a good portion of my personal time is consumed with various law related hobbies.. such as catching up on the latest stuff in magazines, newspapers, blogs, etc.. watching law related shows, reading law related books, and so on.

So what's the problem? Well, the other day I was taking a virtual tour of a law school and they were going on and on about the moot court, oral arguments, presentations, yadda yadda.. and it terrified me! I do NOT want to be a trial lawyer.. but rather someone who works behind the scenes.

So, any advice? Are any of you remotely similar to me?

another week, by popular

Re: Shy and Thinking About Law School - INSANE?????
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2006, 01:47:48 AM »
i would answer in the affirmative, but i generally assume that anything on the high school board is flame and i leave it for the person to prove otherwise.

but no, most lawyers don't argue in court.

ladyluck007

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2006, 02:07:20 AM »
lol, no this isn't flame. I'm genuinely curious, and a real person.. not a troll. Thanks for the response.

another week, by popular

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2006, 02:08:39 AM »
no problem.  it's just, you know, high school board?  kind of weird.

for the record, i know plenty of shy people in law school.

another week, by popular

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2006, 02:18:39 AM »
There is a light that never goes out, Captain.

I'll have you know I was on fire tonight. I set up three of the single people in my section with strnagers I met at the club we were frequenting.  They won't die alone.   The poster will.

they will if i have anything to say about it.

which i won't.

crap.

another week, by popular

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2006, 02:25:13 AM »
And so does Breadmonster B.

hold the phone.  this implies that he dies a natural, semi-natural, or at the very most accidental death.  it leaves open the possibility that his passing will be peaceful and not unpleasant in any way.

unacceptable.

another week, by popular

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2006, 02:28:02 AM »
And so does Breadmonster B.

hold the phone.  this implies that he dies a natural, semi-natural, or at the very most accidental death.  it leaves open the possibility that his passing will be peaceful and not unpleasant in any way.

unacceptable.

Were he to die tomorrow in a horrific manner, I think he'd still die alone.  Nobody buys this fiancee sh*t.  Inflatable woman can't consent to marriage.  It's in the Constitution somewhere.

it's Article 18.  the rubber-people clause.

ANBUDOM

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2006, 02:41:20 AM »
You can always do transactional law if you're shy and reluctant to speak in court.  Unless you're so shy that you'd be afraid to speak to a client in your office, I think you can graduate law school and do some sort of transactional law where you won't ever have to litigate a case in front of a judge. 
testing testing 1 2 3

ladyluck007

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2006, 02:45:37 AM »
Who cares, you're going to die alone.

I have a boyfriend of 8 years.

But don't we all die alone? I mean.. unless we die at the same time in a car wreck or something..

ladyluck007

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2006, 02:47:15 AM »
Who cares, you're going to die alone.

I have a boyfriend of 8 years.

But don't we all die alone? I mean.. unless we die at the same time in a car wreck or something..

hahaa.. i didn't even notice this is the high school board. yes, that's right. i'm in high school and have a boyfriend of 8 years. we've been dating since we were 9.