Law School Discussion

GPA question

GPA question
« on: October 12, 2006, 01:57:25 PM »
I am sure this question has been asked and answered before but I thought I would just post a new topic so I don't have to look through the others. 

Is the only GPA admissions offices use the cumulative LSAC GPA?  Or do they also consider degree GPA and other subcategories?

Re: GPA question
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 02:10:44 PM »
The majority of this board seem to feel the LSAC GPA is the only one they consider.

However, I am personally hopeful they'll think my upward trend is cool and let me in because of it...that would really be fun.   

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 04:05:37 PM »
That's fine you don't have to give an opinion.

And Desean's got nothing on SuperMario

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 04:35:44 PM »
Yeah he had knee surgery, but he should be ready to go by the Ohio State game when it really matters.

Reach

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2006, 07:06:16 PM »
I think the only real function the degree GPA has for the majority of schools is as a tie breaker.  If you have two people with similar letters and both had some involvement of some type (beyond school), and the numbers broke down something like 172/172 3.8(downward trend due to senioritis)/3.78 (upward trend due to six straight semesters of incredible grades), I think the upward trend might be enough to get the 3.78 person the nod depending on the severity of the senioritis in question.

Of course, this is just what I think, but it seems to me that two mostly equal applicants could find their fates hanging on the demonstrable strength of their academic commitments.