Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSAC admissions index formulas  (Read 2005 times)

melissa2781

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
LSAC admissions index formulas
« on: February 13, 2004, 01:59:16 PM »
On the LSAC web page, under my docs, transcripts.... there is a link to a PDF page that says "Admissions Index"

i opened it, and its two pages of schools and three columns .... A. XLSAT    B. XGPA    C. +CONSTANT , with lists of numbers under each column

What in the hell is this?  and what does it mean?  im assuming its a way to find out your admissions index for each school..... but i dont understand it at all.

Any help would be great.
**The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams ~ Eleanor Roosevelt**

hookem law

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: LSAC admissions index formulas
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2004, 02:51:05 PM »
Multiply your LSAT by the first number.  Write the product down.  Multiply your GPA by the second number.  Write that product down.  Add the two results together, and either add or subtract the third number (depending on its pos or neg value), and you will end up with a single number.  That number means nothing until you compare it to other people's numbers.

Do this by making the same calculations for last year's classes 75% GPA and LSAT.  If your index number in equal to or higher than the number produced for the 75% GPA/LSAT, you will most likely get into that school.  You can also do calcuations for the medians, and if your number is close to that produced by the medians, then you could consider yourself competitive for that school.

melissa2781

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: LSAC admissions index formulas
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2004, 09:27:12 AM »
hahah thanks.  Now that you explained it, it is soooo obvious. 

Duh.  thank god i want to be a lawyer and not an accountant.
**The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams ~ Eleanor Roosevelt**