Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: T3 & T4 Acceptances and Rejections 2007  (Read 175536 times)

Judge Haller

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: T3 & T4 Acceptances and Rejections 2007
« Reply #3160 on: August 02, 2007, 01:40:49 PM »
I haven't posted in a while because there's nothing new to report...I'm still in WL purgatory and it doesn't look promising. I'll try it again next cycle. Meantime, best regards and good luck to all of you new 1Ls.
WVU Class of 2011

latinlord

• Sr. Citizen
  • ME... Litigating at the Indiana State Court house!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - latinlord
    • View Profile
    • myspace profile, "come and say hello"
    • Email
« Reply #3161 on: August 02, 2007, 07:24:40 PM »
I posted this in another thread but would like to hear what my fav thread has to say.....

My roomate is in the process of making a very important decision. He is debating deferring for a year at University of Tulsa. He is currently on Cardozo's waitlist, where he really wants to go, but he may not find out until September. They don't start school until really really late. He is considering deferring for a year and moving to Cincinatti where his g/f is. He said that he may send out an app to University of Cinn. But chances are that he won't get accepted. My roomate had a lot of misconduct issues. He got accepted only to one school Tulsa after really interviewing with them. He even didn't get into cooley. So chances are he will get rejected at U of Cinn. The only schools that are really giving him a chance is Cardozo to which he is still on the waitlist. Classes start at Tulsa Aug 16 or that is orientation. If he starts tulsa and gets accepted to Cardozo he will have lost a lot of money. Should he just try to defer for a year in hopes to get into Cardozo and then apply to Cinn and if he doesn't get into either of them then just go to Tulsa?? he doesn't want to work or live in Tulsa and knows no one. But sometimes you have to do what you have to do to go to law school. I for one knew no one in Indiana and moved there for school. He could try to transfer, but as we all know that is very difficult. He knows he may be stuck at Tulsa if he goes. What does everyone think?? He just did a road to to NYC to talk to Cardozo and show them how much he wants go to there and told them how he is starting soon at Tulsa but would rather go to Cardozo. Is there anything else he can or should do?? What do you all recommend?? Just curious... I know in the end it is his decision. Thank you all!
Graduated from Indiana Law - Indianapolis!!
Was a 3rd year Visiting Student at Villanova University School of Law.
Graduated from Temple University Beasley School of Law - LL.M in Trial Advocacy Candidate 2010
 Published by Chicano/Latino Law Review of UCLA LAW. & I'm a Licensed Esq. NOW!

rev up the red!!!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • the numbers.. eek!!
« Reply #3162 on: August 07, 2007, 11:06:33 AM »
hey, latin.. i think ur roomie has a tough decision ahead.. the worth can defintely be worth it.. but the issue is, would he get into those schools? he already has a good LSAT score.. so obviously, we know what the issue is! depending how he tries to fix it up and make it seem i guess not as harsh as it is (but again, i dont know what it is) i think the worth would be worth it tho.. bc he would still get into those schools next year.. i would assume that the schools he got into have not cared too much about the misdemeanor! LOL!

in other news.. what do you guys think of chapman if i want to practice in the OC area??? apparantly, i just got accepted.. but i am still thinking of doing my MBA first... ahhh! but it was one of the schools i was initially interested in.. does anyone here who is going or goes there have any suggestions or info on its attrition/job rate???

thanks guys!

contrapositive

• Sr. Citizen
  • "your power was given to you"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3163 on: August 07, 2007, 01:32:28 PM »
hey, latin.. i think ur roomie has a tough decision ahead.. the worth can defintely be worth it.. but the issue is, would he get into those schools? he already has a good LSAT score.. so obviously, we know what the issue is! depending how he tries to fix it up and make it seem i guess not as harsh as it is (but again, i dont know what it is) i think the worth would be worth it tho.. bc he would still get into those schools next year.. i would assume that the schools he got into have not cared too much about the misdemeanor! LOL!

in other news.. what do you guys think of chapman if i want to practice in the OC area??? apparantly, i just got accepted.. but i am still thinking of doing my MBA first... ahhh! but it was one of the schools i was initially interested in.. does anyone here who is going or goes there have any suggestions or info on its attrition/job rate???

thanks guys!

Check out these web pages...

http://www.ilrg.com/rankings.html

Other stuff..

If anyone else is still checking out the thread, I found the following book to be an excellent resource for creating case briefs...
http://www.amazon.com/Learning-Legal-Reasoning-Briefing-Analysis/dp/0960851445

Great to study before class, but also during your first year...

-Contra

contrapositive

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3164 on: August 07, 2007, 01:34:13 PM »

thanks guys!

Check out these web pages...

Other stuff..

If anyone else is still checking out the thread, I found the following book to be an excellent resource for creating case briefs...
http://www.amazon.com/Learning-Legal-Reasoning-Briefing-Analysis/dp/0960851445

Great to study before class, but also during your first year...

-Contra

oops...here is a link to chapman with some job rate stats...
http://www.ilrg.com/rankings/law/view.php/16

Judge Haller

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3165 on: August 09, 2007, 05:25:44 PM »
Wouldn't you know it...after I give up all hope, WVU calls the other day and offers me a spot. I had to turn it down due to the short time frame (8 days prior to orientation) but sent a letter requesting a deferment until next fall.  JS and Paper--good luck in Morgantown and hope to join you next year.
WVU Class of 2011

Para Legal

• Sr. Citizen
  • Go Pipers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3166 on: August 10, 2007, 01:34:24 PM »
Did we ever get a formal thread roll call?

Here's who I know:

PUSH- Howard
Matokah- Pacific McGeorge
Para Legal- Hamline
Contra- UDC
DarlinAlexi- Southwestern
JSBowen- WVU
Afer1500- Dayton

Anyone else??

Cheers,

Para :)
Hamline University School of Law
1L

afer1500

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - alexfiu1331
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3167 on: August 10, 2007, 03:28:32 PM »

Here's who I know:

PUSH- Howard
Para Legal- Hamline
Contra- UDC
JSBowen- WVU
Afer1500- Dayton

Anyone else??

Cheers,

Not to shabby, huh. lol

Sweetpri

• Sr. Citizen
  • I hope I like Ohio!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3168 on: August 12, 2007, 10:03:41 AM »
Don't forget about me!  I'm going to Toledo  :)
University of Toledo 0L

contrapositive

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3169 on: August 12, 2007, 11:06:30 AM »

Here's who I know:

PUSH- Howard
Para Legal- Hamline
Contra- UDC
JSBowen- WVU
Afer1500- Dayton
Sweetpri - Toledo

Anyone else??

Cheers,