Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: T3 & T4 Acceptances and Rejections 2007  (Read 175535 times)

darlinalexi

• Sr. Citizen
  • Southwestern Class of 2010
    • View Profile
Re: T3 & T4 Acceptances and Rejections 2007
« Reply #3150 on: July 27, 2007, 11:04:22 AM »
I've got Civ Pro I, Property, Contracts I, Crim Law, and LAWS (writing and professionalism class) in the fall.

Spring: Civ Pro II, Torts, Elective (probably will take copywrite), and contracts II.

latinlord

• Sr. Citizen
  • ME... Litigating at the Indiana State Court house!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - latinlord
    • View Profile
    • myspace profile, "come and say hello"
    • Email
« Reply #3151 on: July 27, 2007, 12:50:03 PM »
I've got Civ Pro I, Property, Contracts I, Crim Law, and LAWS (writing and professionalism class) in the fall.

Spring: Civ Pro II, Torts, Elective (probably will take copywrite), and contracts II.

I'm bored... so i'll chine in with a mixed up schedule for someone who was PT last year but is now full time day and night mix....

I'm taking Contracts and Property (the 1L classes I still have to take) at night with my last years evening section. I'm also taking Criminal law in the spring (with the 1L's b/c i studied abroad and got a waiver out of it..hehe) Then during the day i'm taking 2L courses.... Products liability b/c i love tort law... LARC III (legal research and writing III) which teaches me how to write contracts.... Moot Court... should be a lot of fun... Family Law... b/c i want to do some of that tooo... So as you can see i got a crazy messd up schedule but it is all good.. haha For those of you going PT can have the same type of weird schedule.
Graduated from Indiana Law - Indianapolis!!
Was a 3rd year Visiting Student at Villanova University School of Law.
Graduated from Temple University Beasley School of Law - LL.M in Trial Advocacy Candidate 2010
 Published by Chicano/Latino Law Review of UCLA LAW. & I'm a Licensed Esq. NOW!

Butters Stotch

• Sr. Citizen
  • Well you can all just go to heck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3152 on: July 27, 2007, 03:26:14 PM »

Grats on Southwestern, btw.

Incidentally, my school does all of their 1L classes in one semester, as opposed to Contracts I and Civ Pro I in fall followed by a second semester of the same in the spring.  I'd be curious to know how different the workload would be in my classes from yours where you have those over two semesters.
I don't want to do it if it hurts or if it makes you get all sticky.

latinlord

• Sr. Citizen
  • ME... Litigating at the Indiana State Court house!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - latinlord
    • View Profile
    • myspace profile, "come and say hello"
    • Email
« Reply #3153 on: July 27, 2007, 05:35:22 PM »

Grats on Southwestern, btw.

Incidentally, my school does all of their 1L classes in one semester, as opposed to Contracts I and Civ Pro I in fall followed by a second semester of the same in the spring.  I'd be curious to know how different the workload would be in my classes from yours where you have those over two semesters.

Let me give you an example... My first year was the last year they had Torts I and then Torts II. Torts II consisted entirely of products liability, strict liability and defamation pretty much. Now they got rid of Torts II and have promoted the course of "products liability" which I will be taking. I looked an an old syllubus and it is esentially the exact same thing as what I learned in Torts II. I did decent in Torts II, so I expect to do even better in products liability. Now torts I includes the basics of tort law which is intentional torts "assault, battery, false imprisonment..etc and the unintentional torts which is Negligence" You have to learn negligence before you can learn strict and product liability b/c negligence is just one aspect of product liability... there are others... Fun stuff huh.. haha
Graduated from Indiana Law - Indianapolis!!
Was a 3rd year Visiting Student at Villanova University School of Law.
Graduated from Temple University Beasley School of Law - LL.M in Trial Advocacy Candidate 2010
 Published by Chicano/Latino Law Review of UCLA LAW. & I'm a Licensed Esq. NOW!

Para Legal

• Sr. Citizen
  • Go Pipers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3154 on: July 31, 2007, 07:31:26 AM »
Well, y'all.

My moving truck is ready for pickup in about 90 minutes... I will be dropping my daughter off at preschool for the last time, and my house is a sea of boxes and disassembled furniture.

Today is the day I leave for law school.

I'm excited, nervous, grateful, sad, anxious and just plain happy all at the same time.

Thanks to all of you (and in reality, we should all thank each other) for the support during this cycle. This thread is proof that the T1s don't have a lock on LSD...and I think we should all stick around and help the next batch of kids through the coming cycle, much like LatinLord and Rev did for us.

Time to finish packing my parachute and get ready to take the plunge.

Best to all of you- see you on the flip side.

Cheers,

Para  ;D
Hamline University School of Law
1L

darlinalexi

• Sr. Citizen
  • Southwestern Class of 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #3155 on: July 31, 2007, 12:56:38 PM »
Well, y'all.

My moving truck is ready for pickup in about 90 minutes... I will be dropping my daughter off at preschool for the last time, and my house is a sea of boxes and disassembled furniture.

I'm excited, nervous, grateful, sad, anxious and just plain happy all at the same time.

Thanks to all of you (and in reality, we should all thank each other) for the support during this cycle. This thread is proof that the T1s don't have a lock on LSD...and I think we should all stick around and help the next batch of kids through the coming cycle, much like LatinLord and Rev did for us.

Cheers,

Para  ;D

Good luck, Para!  I leave Monday.

contrapositive

• Sr. Citizen
  • "your power was given to you"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3156 on: August 01, 2007, 12:02:13 AM »
Well, y'all.

Cheers,

Para  ;D

Good luck, Para!  I leave Monday.

Good luck with the moves!

I pulled into DC and unloaded my stuff into a rowhouse on Tuesday...I'm spending the next couple of days acquiring the provisions of a desk, lamp (I left them at home on accident), and a bed...

Return to the ATL to drop off my car and return to DC via Airtran...I love DC, but do not bring a car!!!

Orientation starts 8/13

keepitsimple

• Sr. Citizen
  • What else we doing here?
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #3157 on: August 01, 2007, 01:32:15 AM »
Good luck to everyone starting their first year. I am heading from Colorado to dayton and then toledo. Start the 15th...

jsbowen

• Sr. Citizen
  • "Straight cash, homey"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3158 on: August 01, 2007, 09:52:29 AM »
The wife and kids moved to Morgantown this past weekend, and I'll join them after I finish up work this Friday.

This thread has been very supportive, and I think I've read every post (all 213 pages worth).  Good luck to you all!
WVU 2010

afer1500

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - alexfiu1331
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3159 on: August 01, 2007, 06:07:23 PM »
The wife and kids moved to Morgantown this past weekend, and I'll join them after I finish up work this Friday.

This thread has been very supportive, and I think I've read every post (all 213 pages worth).  Good luck to you all!

Agreed. Awesome thread, cool people with tons of info. Drove up to Dayton and just got here. Furniture should be here on tuesday, glta!