Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: T3 & T4 Acceptances and Rejections 2007  (Read 175548 times)

Sweetpri

• Sr. Citizen
  • I hope I like Ohio!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: T3 & T4 Acceptances and Rejections 2007
« Reply #3140 on: July 22, 2007, 04:24:47 PM »
Congratulations on Southwestern Darlinalexi!!!  I know you really wanted to go there, you must be so excited!!  Yay, you're going to law school, I'm so happy for you!!!   ;D

Thank you!  You inspired me to wait for the right thing; I owe much of this to you :)!

I'm just glad we didnt end up at schools we didnt really want to go to, like John Marshall or Pace!  Hooray!
University of Toledo 0L

Para Legal

• Sr. Citizen
  • Go Pipers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3141 on: July 25, 2007, 07:38:42 PM »
Nice job, Sweetpri and Darlin' Alexi!

Way to hold out for schools you will love- it's honestly the best thing.

After a long hiatus...I have the following updates (and I'm still going to Hamline, 99.44% sure).

UALR: rejected me. I'm not surprised; I stopped courting them as soon as I was accepted to Hamline, and I'm guessing they closed their class and withdrew all outstanding applications.

SLU: "still on active waitlist". If I got in here, I'd be seriously floored...I haven't done any courting other than a few phone calls for status checks. Orientation is August 17th and unless I hear from Michael Kolnik in the next 3 business days... the thought of a T2 is wonderful, but I have lots to look forward to at Hamline.

Kent: still deferred.

IU-Indy: nothing further. (LatinLord...seriously? Ugh.)

And to sweeten the pot...Hamline offered me $3K a year today...it ain't much, but you know- it'll pay for fees and books, and that's something. Also positions me for further aid next year (I hope).

I don't know about y'all...but I'm happy.

See y'all in law school!!

Cheers,

Para  ;D
Hamline University School of Law
1L

ihope i hope

• Sr. Citizen
  • I will be living in a cardboard box....forever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3142 on: July 25, 2007, 07:41:13 PM »
great on the money from Hamline, Para! :)
Shippin' off to Buffalo, to find my wooden leg!

Butters Stotch

• Sr. Citizen
  • Well you can all just go to heck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3143 on: July 26, 2007, 09:29:50 AM »
grats para!
I don't want to do it if it hurts or if it makes you get all sticky.

latinlord

• Sr. Citizen
  • ME... Litigating at the Indiana State Court house!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - latinlord
    • View Profile
    • myspace profile, "come and say hello"
    • Email
« Reply #3144 on: July 26, 2007, 04:03:16 PM »
Nice job, Sweetpri and Darlin' Alexi!

Way to hold out for schools you will love- it's honestly the best thing.

After a long hiatus...I have the following updates (and I'm still going to Hamline, 99.44% sure).

UALR: rejected me. I'm not surprised; I stopped courting them as soon as I was accepted to Hamline, and I'm guessing they closed their class and withdrew all outstanding applications.

SLU: "still on active waitlist". If I got in here, I'd be seriously floored...I haven't done any courting other than a few phone calls for status checks. Orientation is August 17th and unless I hear from Michael Kolnik in the next 3 business days... the thought of a T2 is wonderful, but I have lots to look forward to at Hamline.

Kent: still deferred.

IU-Indy: nothing further. (LatinLord...seriously? Ugh.)

And to sweeten the pot...Hamline offered me $3K a year today...it ain't much, but you know- it'll pay for fees and books, and that's something. Also positions me for further aid next year (I hope).

I don't know about y'all...but I'm happy.

See y'all in law school!!

Cheers,

Para  ;D

I feel ya on IU-INDY!! They take forever!! I know someone who got off the waitlist the day before orientation!! You see what they do is during orientation they have a sign in sheet. The orientation is extremeley mandatory. They have 2 people working the phones during orientation. The first person calls you to tell you to come in or you WILL lose your spot. The second person call the waitlist to see if anyone wants that spot. It is crazy!! I know a lot of people in my class who were called to come in or they would lose their spot!! And i know a couple who came in the class because someone else didn't show up and lost their spot. Have you tried calling them again??? Ask for Patricia Kenny.. ask her when you can be expected to hear!! I asked her a couple weeks ago how things were going.. She said that the class is already full and that a lot of people accepted offers more than last year. So the class will be bigger... Sadly this means that the chances of getting off the waitlist is slimmer, but there is always a chance, you may not hear though until orientation. I'd say just keep at it.. get your money's worth... make them work a bit. haha. Good luck!! and congrats on HAMLINE!!
Graduated from Indiana Law - Indianapolis!!
Was a 3rd year Visiting Student at Villanova University School of Law.
Graduated from Temple University Beasley School of Law - LL.M in Trial Advocacy Candidate 2010
 Published by Chicano/Latino Law Review of UCLA LAW. & I'm a Licensed Esq. NOW!

contrapositive

• Sr. Citizen
  • "your power was given to you"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3145 on: July 26, 2007, 08:12:52 PM »
I feel ya on IU-INDY!! They take forever!! I know someone who got off the waitlist the day before orientation!! You see what they do is during orientation they have a sign in sheet. The orientation is extremeley mandatory. They have 2 people working the phones during orientation. The first person calls you to tell you to come in or you WILL lose your spot. The second person call the waitlist to see if anyone wants that spot. It is crazy!! I know a lot of people in my class who were called to come in or they would lose their spot!! And i know a couple who came in the class because someone else didn't show up and lost their spot. Have you tried calling them again??? Ask for Patricia Kenny.. ask her when you can be expected to hear!! I asked her a couple weeks ago how things were going.. She said that the class is already full and that a lot of people accepted offers more than last year. So the class will be bigger... Sadly this means that the chances of getting off the waitlist is slimmer, but there is always a chance, you may not hear though until orientation. I'd say just keep at it.. get your money's worth... make them work a bit. haha. Good luck!! and congrats on HAMLINE!!

I just responded to an email from the assistant dean at the law school i'm attending, it asked me to reply either confirming or rescinding my seat.  The email explicitly stated that this was being done to account for the 1L class and use the waitlist if necessary.

This is after they have received my seat deposit, acceptance letter, transcripts, financial aide info, and registration material.  Apparantly, this method of accounting for students is useful, and understadable.  So, many students currently on a waitlist, my find themselves accepted in the coming weeks...I've heard of stories similar to the one latinlord expressed above also.  One applicant, several years ago, had been rejected at UGA, but showed up at orientation and they accepted him on the spot!  I did not confirm the story, but I'm sure it happens..

contrapositive

• Sr. Citizen
  • "your power was given to you"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3146 on: July 26, 2007, 08:32:36 PM »
Other news...

I bought ms onenote, student edition, for $66 at best buys.  Looks pretty simple to use and should be a better sw tool than just word, for notes/briefs/outlines/etc.

also, 1L classes are criminal, torts, contracts, civ pro, and lawyering process. everyone else's pretty similar?? I think some other schools may offer property and/or constitutional.

I've purchased about all my books...some used, but some classes are using just released editions, such as criminal, so I had to fork over the full retail price...used amazon and lawbooksforless.com.  I ordered civ pro and torts books used, and they arrived in excellent shape.

Butters Stotch

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3147 on: July 26, 2007, 09:05:38 PM »

I just responded to an email from the assistant dean at the law school i'm attending, it asked me to reply either confirming or rescinding my seat.  The email explicitly stated that this was being done to account for the 1L class and use the waitlist if necessary.

This is after they have received my seat deposit, acceptance letter, transcripts, financial aide info, and registration material.  Apparantly, this method of accounting for students is useful, and understadable.  So, many students currently on a waitlist, my find themselves accepted in the coming weeks...I've heard of stories similar to the one latinlord expressed above also.  One applicant, several years ago, had been rejected at UGA, but showed up at orientation and they accepted him on the spot!  I did not confirm the story, but I'm sure it happens..

All the FIU admitted students got a similar e-mail.  LOTS of people paid the FIU seat deposit (it was only $200, which is a big part of the problem) so they are having trouble whittling down their waitlist as a result. 

Butters Stotch

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3148 on: July 26, 2007, 09:07:04 PM »
Other news...

I bought ms onenote, student edition, for $66 at best buys.  Looks pretty simple to use and should be a better sw tool than just word, for notes/briefs/outlines/etc.

also, 1L classes are criminal, torts, contracts, civ pro, and lawyering process. everyone else's pretty similar?? I think some other schools may offer property and/or constitutional.

I've purchased about all my books...some used, but some classes are using just released editions, such as criminal, so I had to fork over the full retail price...used amazon and lawbooksforless.com.  I ordered civ pro and torts books used, and they arrived in excellent shape.

All of the above plus property and con law at FIU.  Also, FIU requires all 1L's to take Intro to International and Comparative Law. 

Para Legal

• Sr. Citizen
  • Go Pipers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3149 on: July 27, 2007, 10:18:24 AM »
My classes (PT) are as follows for fall:

Contracts I
Civ Pro I
Legal Writing and Research I
Criminal Law

For Spring: