Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: T3 & T4 Acceptances and Rejections 2007  (Read 174858 times)

ithappensforareason

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: T3 & T4 Acceptances and Rejections 2007
« Reply #2900 on: May 21, 2007, 01:18:27 PM »
Keithst, I believe you are correct.

I would be hesitant to attend a school on aba probation. However, A school that has recently recieved its ABA approval and IS working towards Full approval shows me that it is on the up and up. Therefore, I would much rather attend a school with a recent ABA nod then one with its ABA on probation. Just my feelings anyone.

goodluck to you All.

UFBGD

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2901 on: May 21, 2007, 01:36:55 PM »
Finally something from FIU! Got a call today asking if I would like to be considered for the part-time program... :-\  Sure would be cheaper than Drake (27k!)

Sweetpri

• Sr. Citizen
  • I hope I like Ohio!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2902 on: May 21, 2007, 04:11:39 PM »
Finally something from FIU! Got a call today asking if I would like to be considered for the part-time program... :-\  Sure would be cheaper than Drake (27k!)

Hey, I think that's a good sign!  At least they like you enough that they didnt want to reject you  :)  If you live in Florida you cant beat that in-state tuition!  Good luck!
University of Toledo 0L

lru22

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2903 on: May 21, 2007, 04:29:42 PM »
Got rejected at Baylor and I'm on UALR waitlist. Should have applied earlier.  :(
In-Ave Maria$$, Cooley$,S St. Mary's, STLC$
Wailist-U of the Pacific, SMU,U of San Francisco, UALR,Santa Clara
Out-Miami, Texas Tech,U of Houston, Hamline, Baylor
Pending- Florida Coastal

Astro

• LSD Obsessed
  • Happy birthday goalie!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2904 on: May 21, 2007, 05:19:35 PM »
i believe you are correct regarding the accreditation.  if you attend a provisionally accredited law school, you have the full rights to take the bar as going to an accredited law school.  however, i do not know what exactly happens if your school loses accreditation while applying or attending...

Same thing.  Your degree is fully accredited even if the school loses its ABA status while you attend.  That counts even if you choose to attend a school that's on probationary status with the ABA. 

I dont think this is correct.  My understanding is that if you graduate while the school is under the provisional accreditation but the school happens to lose its provisional accreditation after you graduate, then your degree is still safe because you have graduated from an ABA accredited law school (at the time of your graduation at least).

However, if the school loses its accreditation while you are attending (not graduated), then your JD would be from a non-accredited law school.  Attending while accredited means nothing.

Read the fine print.  I believe all provisionally accredited law school informs its applicant that the "same rights as fully accredited law school" applies to "graduates of the provisionally accredited law school," which does not equal currently attending student.

This is 100% incorrect.  Please ignore this advice.

I triple-checked this because at one point I considered attending a school on probationary status.  Your degree is ONLY affected if you decide to attend a school that has already lost ABA status.
J, if you didn't bring enough penis for everyone, you shouldn't have brought any penis at all. 

Astro

• LSD Obsessed
  • Happy birthday goalie!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2905 on: May 21, 2007, 05:20:22 PM »
If the school looses accreditation while attending, even if you still get an accreditated degree, would you not be concerned about the stigma of having graduated from a school that was clearly on the decline according to the ABA?  I would say to stick with the already accreditated school, but that is just my opinion.  Good luck which ever you choose

This, on the other hand, is a real concern.
J, if you didn't bring enough penis for everyone, you shouldn't have brought any penis at all. 

LBChic

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2906 on: May 23, 2007, 03:02:52 PM »
Did anyone get an unsolicited scholarship offer from Florida Coastal? I assume it includes an admission offer along with the $$$! It was sent via email and mentioned my exact GPA and LSAT numbers.

I'm just wondering if this was sort of spammy or warrants a nice reply.

Le Docteur De Peste

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ashes, ashes, we all fall down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2907 on: May 23, 2007, 03:30:21 PM »
Did anyone get an unsolicited scholarship offer from Florida Coastal? I assume it includes an admission offer along with the $$$! It was sent via email and mentioned my exact GPA and LSAT numbers.

I got something uber spammy from them. Some black dude with long hair, split down the middle vertically, half in a suit, the other half in khakis and a Hawaiian shirt. It was captioned something like, "Ready For Law School?" So lame. They offered to reimburse a plane ticket to Florida if I checked out the school. I should have went just for a Florida trip.

lawchick09

• View Profile
« Reply #2908 on: May 23, 2007, 03:33:15 PM »

Everyone gets those pretty much. I got like 5 in the mail last year. No need to reply to it.

P.U.S.H

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2909 on: May 23, 2007, 03:39:23 PM »
Just called NCCU - they will start making financial aid decisions in June and will contact me via e-mail.

Case: Still waiting on that "postal mail only" decision.

Howard: 6-8 weeks for WL movement, even though 2 people (1 LSD, 1 LSN) have been admitted from the WL in the past 3 weeks :-\

Capital: Didn't complete the additional scholarship application (brain fart and writers' block), but don't think I can swing the Summer Academic Success Program.

So... decision made, and I'm finally a happy camper!
Everday I'm HUSL'in