Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: T3 & T4 Acceptances and Rejections 2007  (Read 174440 times)

contrapositive

• Sr. Citizen
  • "your power was given to you"
    • View Profile
Re: T3 & T4 Acceptances and Rejections 2007
« Reply #2880 on: May 19, 2007, 12:53:05 AM »
Though I'm sending NCCU financial aid info and hoping to get some good news...the decision is basically made: Check the avie!

contra - See you in the fall :)
Congrats! Here are some links you might find helpful :)

http://seewashingtondc.net/capital.htm
http://does.dc.gov/does/cwp/view,a,1232,q,537855,doesNav,|32062|.asp
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1365/is_n8_v27/ai_19142531
http://www.law.com/jsp/article.jsp?id=1048518251066

So I'm guessing you were trying to be funny with those first few links?

Thanks for the congrats anyway - and congrats to you in your decision as well :)

AWESOME!! I hope you're half as excited as me...I got the assignment off of the Admitted Students Blog...There is also a link on the blog to a yahoo group that you can get access to...

very cool! I can't wait to meet you...I'm the handsome one...

P.U.S.H

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2881 on: May 19, 2007, 12:59:42 AM »

AWESOME!! I hope you're half as excited as me...I got the assignment off of the Admitted Students Blog...There is also a link on the blog to a yahoo group that you can get access to...

Yeah I think I need to order that NOW - 880 pages :P

Makes for some dense reading between teaching classes, preparing my students for a skit contest, speech contest, and English proficiency tests :D
Everday I'm HUSL'in

contrapositive

• Sr. Citizen
  • "your power was given to you"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2882 on: May 19, 2007, 01:08:58 AM »

Yeah I think I need to order that NOW - 880 pages :P

Makes for some dense reading between teaching classes, preparing my students for a skit contest, speech contest, and English proficiency tests :D

I hear ya!!  I really should take some time off before school, but I'm getting some great income for the fall/spring, so I'll read in between working/friends...

Butters Stotch

• Sr. Citizen
  • Well you can all just go to heck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2883 on: May 19, 2007, 01:03:29 PM »
Congrats on the decision PUSH!  [face_applause]

Is anyone on this thread going to Mississippi College? I might have a decent connection there that would facilitate a late add, but I haven't visited.  I was wondering what anyone here has to say about the place. Thanks.

A friend of mine from high school graduated from there.  According to her, the school has a conservative, religious flavor (I think it's a Southern Baptist school).    Many of their students are from LA and return there to practice after graduation.  They have a civil law track as well.  It's in a decent location if you want to practice in MS government, as Jackson is the capital.  The tuition is on the low side compared to most other private T3/T4 schools ($757 per credit hour).  Another advantage is that your tuition rate is guaranteed for 3 years once you enroll.

I'm not sure you'll need your connection if you act quickly, as their application deadline is June 1:  http://officialguide.lsac.org//SearchResults/SchoolPage_PDFs/ABA_LawSchoolData/ABA1332.pdf

ETA:  And it has a surprisingly low attrition rate for a T4.
I don't want to do it if it hurts or if it makes you get all sticky.

GloveDoesntFit

• If the glove doesn't fit, you must acquit!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2884 on: May 19, 2007, 01:42:46 PM »
Congrats on the decision PUSH!  [face_applause]

Is anyone on this thread going to Mississippi College? I might have a decent connection there that would facilitate a late add, but I haven't visited.  I was wondering what anyone here has to say about the place. Thanks.

A friend of mine from high school graduated from there.  According to her, the school has a conservative, religious flavor (I think it's a Southern Baptist school).    Many of their students are from LA and return there to practice after graduation.  They have a civil law track as well.  It's in a decent location if you want to practice in MS government, as Jackson is the capital.  The tuition is on the low side compared to most other private T3/T4 schools ($757 per credit hour).  Another advantage is that your tuition rate is guaranteed for 3 years once you enroll.

I'm not sure you'll need your connection if you act quickly, as their application deadline is June 1:  http://officialguide.lsac.org//SearchResults/SchoolPage_PDFs/ABA_LawSchoolData/ABA1332.pdf

ETA:  And it has a surprisingly low attrition rate for a T4.

The connection would be for $$ purposes. Thanks for the comments, especially on the conservative, religious flavor. I really want to stay in the South. I was on my way (with $) to provisionally accredited Jones, which is a Church of Christ school with that same kind of taste I'd rather avoid. I'm thinking Mississippi College would have less of it.
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

pastor of muppets

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2885 on: May 19, 2007, 02:25:16 PM »

The connection would be for $$ purposes. Thanks for the comments, especially on the conservative, religious flavor. I really want to stay in the South. I was on my way (with $) to provisionally accredited Jones, which is a Church of Christ school with that same kind of taste I'd rather avoid. I'm thinking Mississippi College would have less of it.

I would be very hesitant to go to a provisionally approved law school.  As I understand it, provisional approval means that the school will likely gain full ABA approval, but there is no guarantee.  If you went to a school that failed to get ABA approval, you would not even be allowed to join the bar in most states.

For that reason alone, I would take the already accredited school in a heartbeat.

jillibean

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm the pretty one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2886 on: May 19, 2007, 06:08:25 PM »
Waitlisted at UALR- my cycle is over. What did I learn? Don't wait until February to actually start applying but overall I'm happy.
UMiami c/o 2010

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2887 on: May 19, 2007, 07:13:20 PM »
Waitlisted at UALR- my cycle is over. What did I learn? Don't wait until February to actually start applying but overall I'm happy.

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
non ex transverso sed deorsum

JD

jillibean

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm the pretty one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2888 on: May 19, 2007, 07:16:24 PM »

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
:'(
UMiami c/o 2010

thelawfool

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2889 on: May 20, 2007, 05:23:03 PM »

i would be thrilled as well.  congrats on miami.  surprised at some of the other decisions that were made on your apps.  WL at FIU?  UALR?  strange.  if you really hate it, you can always try to transfer to FIU.  haha.  enjoy 1L. 
FIU Class of 2009