Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: T3 & T4 Acceptances and Rejections 2007  (Read 175522 times)

Matokah

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ice? In Sacramento? Hmm. . .
    • View Profile
Re: T3 & T4 Acceptances and Rejections 2007
« Reply #2850 on: May 16, 2007, 11:04:35 PM »
Nice decision Para

Agreed.  Congrats, Para!  You seem happy with the decision.  That is the important thing.

Thanks y'all! I am very happy with the decision. And honestly, there would have to be a miracle of Earthshaking proportions to keep me from Hamline at this point...I did say 90%...but I'm closing in on the last 10% very, very quickly.

ASW is June 22. :)

Cheers,

Para  ;)

para: sorry i didn't write sooner.  having a problem with my hand that makes it hard to type.  just wanted to say congrats!!! on choosing hamline.  sorry we won't be classmates but maybe we can meet up sometime in the cities.  i'm so glad hamline saw in you what i knew was there from the start.  plus, weekend option gives you plenty of time for everything else you might want to do during the week. :)
University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law 2010!!

(LSN)

darlinalexi

• Sr. Citizen
  • Southwestern Class of 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #2851 on: May 16, 2007, 11:12:32 PM »
Okay so for real, are people ever admitted off waitlists? 

I'm trying to make a decision between two schools that I'm hoping I don't have to attend because the waitlist fairy is going to come by and bring a really positive acceptance.... But I don't know that this is a do-able goal... (I'd really like to get into southwestern followed by suffolk)

I'm also scared since I wasn't waitlisted until the past month ago... Could being waitlisted  late hurt my chances of getting off a waitlist?

AHHH... sorry... this process just doesn't get any easier. eventually I just have to committ to like whatever my options are.

afer1500

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - alexfiu1331
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2852 on: May 17, 2007, 08:00:19 AM »
Okay so for real, are people ever admitted off waitlists? 

I'm trying to make a decision between two schools that I'm hoping I don't have to attend because the waitlist fairy is going to come by and bring a really positive acceptance.... But I don't know that this is a do-able goal... (I'd really like to get into southwestern followed by suffolk)

I'm also scared since I wasn't waitlisted until the past month ago... Could being waitlisted  late hurt my chances of getting off a waitlist?

AHHH... sorry... this process just doesn't get any easier. eventually I just have to committ to like whatever my options are.

I've been accepted off of two WL in the last month, Dayton and NOLA, so it is definitely possibly. Just keep battling.

thelawfool

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2853 on: May 17, 2007, 11:10:47 AM »
darlin, was nova southeastern in the mix for you.  you definitely could have gotten in there.  it's as expensive as the other schools you got into, but it has a decent rep in south florida and you wouldn't have to move as far north. 

regardless, good luck with your decision.  i've been there and done that in 2005.  in 2006, i only applied to one school knowing i would likely get in to make my life easier.  i think that's the way to go. 
FIU Class of 2009

darlinalexi

• Sr. Citizen
  • Southwestern Class of 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #2854 on: May 17, 2007, 11:21:08 AM »
Nope. I looked in Nova briefly, but it wasn't right for me for some reason... I think they didn't have a PI program or something... Can't remember though...

Also, I really don't want to practice in Florida. . .The only reason I was looking at staying in town was because my support network is in Tallahassee... And it would be cheap.. But oh well...   

Moving is just going to be a big adjustment is all, and I'm a little bit scared... Can I even rent a car at 21?

Sweetpri

• Sr. Citizen
  • I hope I like Ohio!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2855 on: May 17, 2007, 11:42:47 AM »
You can rent a car at 21, it's just more expensive!  Maybe you'll end up at a school with a few LSDer's that could provide a little support?  I'm sure you'll be fine and it'll be a fun adventure!
University of Toledo 0L

Demigoddess

• Sr. Citizen
  • Legal Posh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2856 on: May 17, 2007, 12:58:01 PM »
Nope. I looked in Nova briefly, but it wasn't right for me for some reason... I think they didn't have a PI program or something... Can't remember though...

Also, I really don't want to practice in Florida. . .The only reason I was looking at staying in town was because my support network is in Tallahassee... And it would be cheap.. But oh well...   

Moving is just going to be a big adjustment is all, and I'm a little bit scared... Can I even rent a car at 21?

Yeah, you can rent one, but you would get charged about $25 more a day than you would be charged if you were 25+. I am 24, which is a serious b-word as I needed to rent a car to find an apt in Los Angeles. However, I'll be buying my car for LA during Memorial Day Weekend so I won't have to worry about that - and when I do have to rent a car, I should be 25 by then. If cost is a factor for you, then just try to find those $15 a day deals that some car rental agencies offer as a promotion. Then a $50/day car rental is realistic and not as heavy on the wallet!
"Bend & SNAP!" (Attending) = Loyola-LA
"What? Like it's hard?" (Accepted) = UMiami,U of San Diego,SMU-Dedman,Santa Clara U,Suffolk, SLU,Loyola-Chicago,Loyola-LA
"Apparently you get a really bad rash on your..."(R)=
"She's not completely unfortunate looking" (WL) = American U,USF

Astro

• LSD Obsessed
  • Happy birthday goalie!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2857 on: May 17, 2007, 01:47:42 PM »

Yeah, you can rent one, but you would get charged about $25 more a day than you would be charged if you were 25+. I am 24, which is a serious b-word as I needed to rent a car to find an apt in Los Angeles. However, I'll be buying my car for LA during Memorial Day Weekend so I won't have to worry about that - and when I do have to rent a car, I should be 25 by then. If cost is a factor for you, then just try to find those $15 a day deals that some car rental agencies offer as a promotion. Then a $50/day car rental is realistic and not as heavy on the wallet!

Guys, rent from Enterprise.  They barely had any extra charges for me when I was under 25, and everything went extremely well.  I was impressed.
J, if you didn't bring enough penis for everyone, you shouldn't have brought any penis at all. 

UFBGD

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2858 on: May 17, 2007, 01:48:12 PM »

I'm with you!! But we aren't the only ones.  I'm going from Florida to Iowa.  When I went to visit Drake a few weeks ago I went there for 3 days by myself...I don't recommend going to visit a school by yourself or not knowing anyone...Made for a boring trip.  I rented a car (they had enterprise and many others at the airport) and I'm 23.  If you aren't 25, like someone said above it will be, I believe enterprise was like 10-15$ more a day.  So for 3 days, it was $90.  Had to do it...  I'm still trying to figure out what to do with all of my stuff! I want to bring it with me, but everyone is telling me to just move it home and buy stuff when I get up there...its a big production!! Good luck!

Cube Farmer

• Sr. Citizen
  • The poster formerly known as Fred Garvin...
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2859 on: May 17, 2007, 02:06:42 PM »
Hi all. I am hoping to illicit some advice. SMU came through with an acceptance for me, but no money. I am just not sure I want to take out that much debt. Especially since I find BIGLAW abhorrent. I am trying to decide between Tech and Tulsa. Tulsa offered me an 80% scholarship. I could graduate law school for next to nothing. Tech gave me an in-state waiver, and an extra 1k per year. in-state really makes a difference. To top it all off, I am still on the waitlist at Denver and Oklahoma. Also, I would need to let SMU know by June 1st. I just do not know what the hell to do....

So here I am, May 17th, and completely undecided. Any thoughts, opinions? My goal is to get back to Denver (where I am now) after law school. If I could go to Tulsa, anyone think it is remotely possible to get internships at the Colorado Public Defender?
In: Texas Tech ($), Tulsa ($$$); South Texas ($); Baylor; SMU
Waitlist: Oklahoma; Houston; Denver
Rejection: Texas; Georgetown; Harvard; Colorado; Northwestern; ASU;