Law School Discussion

T3 & T4 Acceptances and Rejections 2007

contrapositive

• "your power was given to you"
    • View Profile
Re: T3 & T4 Acceptances and Rejections 2007
« Reply #2380 on: April 15, 2007, 01:52:25 PM »
Hey everyone!  Since my cycle's pretty much over, I don't really have any law school-related news.

I can, however, say that I placed second in my division at the U.S. Adult National Figure Skating Championships.  Whee!  I finally nailed my double-double jump combination in competition!  :D

Para: any news on Hamline or UALR??

Off to take a nap.  It's been a LONG week of skating. :)

Great job, Matokah! One double-double = a quad, so I guess you're up there with Timothy Goebels!! :)

No news from Hamline.

UALR...went to visit last week (and met Rev IRL...such a nice boy!) and had a very nice sit-down with Dean Taylor, as well as sitting in on a class and taking a tour. Bottom line: I'm sold, if I can get a spot in the program. I reiterated to Dean Taylor that I'd take FT or PT, whatever was offered, no questions. I think at this point UALR is my top choice unless a minor miracle happens with one of my other schools.

The school is great- we had a good discussion with the family who lives in LR and they are amenable to providing a support system, it's closer to my IL's and the price honestly can't be beat. And if I go, I'll be applying to The Clinton School next year to add-in the joint degree program (Masters in Public Service).

So that's that, for now.

Cheers,

Para  :D

sounds like a plan! :)

Matokah

• Ice? In Sacramento? Hmm. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: April 15, 2007, 03:59:37 PM »
Great job, Matokah! One double-double = a quad, so I guess you're up there with Timothy Goebels!! :)

No news from Hamline.

UALR...went to visit last week (and met Rev IRL...such a nice boy!) and had a very nice sit-down with Dean Taylor, as well as sitting in on a class and taking a tour. Bottom line: I'm sold, if I can get a spot in the program. I reiterated to Dean Taylor that I'd take FT or PT, whatever was offered, no questions. I think at this point UALR is my top choice unless a minor miracle happens with one of my other schools.

The school is great- we had a good discussion with the family who lives in LR and they are amenable to providing a support system, it's closer to my IL's and the price honestly can't be beat. And if I go, I'll be applying to The Clinton School next year to add-in the joint degree program (Masters in Public Service).

So that's that, for now.

Cheers,

A quad?  :D  It'll be a long while before an adult accomplishes that feat at Nationals, I'd wager!  Two of the men attempted triples (one, the guy who was the first every to land one at Nationals, fell, and the other guy completed the jump but it was two-footed).  A couple ladies completed double axels.  One girl at my level tried 2 triple salchows and 2 double axels and didn't complete any of them.  She finished dead last.  Eep. . .not sure why she didn't just do some good, solid doubles.

But anyway, sounds like UALR would be the perfect school for you.  You're just deferred, right?  Did the dean say when they were going to relook at their deferred applicants?  I wish you luck!  I think you'll be an end of the cycle miracle-worker, and I'm already excited for you. :)

Para Legal

• Go Pipers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: April 15, 2007, 04:14:38 PM »
i am so not a nice boy  :D

Oh, yes you are. Stop fronting like we all don't see your true colors. :)

Cheers,

Para  ;)

Para Legal

• Go Pipers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: April 15, 2007, 04:34:52 PM »
But anyway, sounds like UALR would be the perfect school for you.  You're just deferred, right?  Did the dean say when they were going to relook at their deferred applicants?  I wish you luck!  I think you'll be an end of the cycle miracle-worker, and I'm already excited for you. :)

Dean Taylor told me their seat deposit deadline is 4/15 and they will be pulling from the WL at some point after that; so it sounds like par for the course in terms of what other schools are doing.

I don't know about miracle worker! I have decided that my birthday is the last day of the cycle for me. On that day, based upon whatever information I have at that time, I will make my decision, and I will be announcing it to God, man and LSD with no regrets.

Birthday is mid-May.

Cheers,

« Reply #2384 on: April 16, 2007, 07:00:06 AM »
Dean Taylor told me their seat deposit deadline is 4/15 and they will be pulling from the WL at some point after that; so it sounds like par for the course in terms of what other schools are doing.

I withdrew from UALR so I hope you'll get to take my spot.  Good luck!

Butters Stotch

• Well you can all just go to heck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2385 on: April 16, 2007, 10:11:42 AM »

So did I, but I withdrew when I was moved from "deferred" to "waitlisted," so I doubt that I was keeping anyone out.

Para Legal

• Go Pipers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: April 16, 2007, 10:14:55 AM »

So did I, but I withdrew when I was moved from "deferred" to "waitlisted," so I doubt that I was keeping anyone out.

One- Thanks for the update!

Ray- You might not have kept anyone out, but you're not holding up the line, either. Thanks to you too!

Oldie? You're set at Louisville, right? Did you withdraw from UALR yet?

Rev...how's the weather down there?

Cheers,

Para  ;)

darlinalexi

• Southwestern Class of 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: April 16, 2007, 10:16:08 AM »
What is wrong with me?

Waitlisted at Hofstra.  I'm really scared I'm not going to get in anywhere.

Para Legal

• Go Pipers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: April 16, 2007, 10:26:03 AM »
What is wrong with me?

Nothing is wrong with you. You are normal. I felt that way for 4 months before getting my first (and so far, only) acceptance.

Keep your head up and show 'em what you're made of. You're not down for the count.

Cheers,

Para ;)

Sweetpri

• I hope I like Ohio!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2389 on: April 16, 2007, 11:41:51 AM »
What is wrong with me?

There is nothing wrong with you - schools just tend to place too much emphasis on the LSAT score!  Just make sure your passion for going to law school shows in your continued interest letters.  And remember, waitlists are better then rejections!  I've gotten one acceptance and five rejections so far but I'm happy because it only takes one acceptance to go to law school.  Good luck  :)