T3 & T4 Acceptances and Rejections 2007

keepitsimple

• What else we doing here?
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: T3 & T4 Acceptances and Rejections 2007
« Reply #1730 on: March 13, 2007, 10:52:45 AM »
Brownsfan-

I've been in Toledo for the past day and I have mixed feelings. I'm hoping tomorrow will be good and hopefully I will see intellectual and engaged students and a supportive faculty...otherwise I might be out. I was really pushing for Toledo, and now I'm reconsidering.  :-\

-TheNoDoubter

I am actually in U.Toledos law library as i write this. I am enjoying my visit and know a 2l here that has been very helpful

burn

« Reply #1731 on: March 13, 2007, 12:34:25 PM »
Hey everyone, new member here. I've read through a lot of this thread and found a good deal of valuable info so thanks. Sadly I am still in the process of applying and didn't realize how bad a decision that was on my part.  :-\

The tier 3 and 4 schools I'm applying to are Marquette, Southwestern, Chapman and Cal Western.

Paper Chaser

• http://guinnessandchocolate.blogspot.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: March 13, 2007, 01:00:00 PM »
the 166 lsat score should save you.

Big Slick

• All in B!tches
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: March 13, 2007, 01:05:32 PM »
Hey everyone, new member here. I've read through a lot of this thread and found a good deal of valuable info so thanks. Sadly I am still in the process of applying and didn't realize how bad a decision that was on my part.  :-\

The tier 3 and 4 schools I'm applying to are Marquette, Southwestern, Chapman and Cal Western.

With that LSAT score, I would really aim at T1 schools (PT maybe)?

Paper Chaser

• View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: March 13, 2007, 01:09:50 PM »
i would think lower t1 or t2 but it is also quite late in the admission cycle as well, I would apply cast the net wide.

« Reply #1735 on: March 13, 2007, 02:45:15 PM »
Brownsfan-

I've been in Toledo for the past day and I have mixed feelings. I'm hoping tomorrow will be good and hopefully I will see intellectual and engaged students and a supportive faculty...otherwise I might be out. I was really pushing for Toledo, and now I'm reconsidering.  :-\

-TheNoDoubter

I went to Toledo a few weeks ago. I have to say, the school itself seemed nice. The facilities were average (I came via Columbus, Cleveland and Pittsburgh, so in comparison to OSU and Case, they were subpar, however, comparable to Pitt.) I had the chance to interact with some faculty, prospective students, and current students. The faculty and prospective students were fine. The current students seemed bright and willing to help. All that being said, I couldn't help but feeling that I wouldn't be happy in Toledo. Nothing really stood out to me about the school, the faculty or the students. But, take that with a grain of salt. It's a good school, and I have no doubt that the opportunities are there for the graduates. Toledo is the Lucas County seat, so clerkships are available. Toledo law firms are very friendly to UT grads, from what I've heard. HTH.

burn

« Reply #1736 on: March 13, 2007, 02:58:09 PM »

With that LSAT score, I would really aim at T1 schools (PT maybe)?

Well those are just the t3 and 4s, I also applied to Ariz. St, FSU and Denver (right before their deadlines) and will be applying to Seattle, San Diego and Miami this week.

« Reply #1737 on: March 13, 2007, 09:54:18 PM »
Freaking dinged at Maryland...damn, I really wanted to go there. I dont have the heart to put it in the loss column just yet. Totally bummed out... :'(

:(  :(

Paper Chaser

• View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: March 14, 2007, 03:52:10 AM »
What really made the ding so awful was I sent an email to the admission director and staff about my interest on Sunday. On Monday...dinged. :-[

« Reply #1739 on: March 14, 2007, 04:13:45 AM »
congrats! good to know they are still admitting people around here!! is that your first choice?

I think it's a great school and since I'd rather work in NYC the school its location can only help!
I'm still waiting for other law schools and now I really don t know where I'll be studying next fall... :P
but I am so happy for NYLS! that's my first acceptance after a pretty long list of rejections (top law schools)..so: I am happy! ;D :D