Law School Discussion

Wanna Know What Your Chances Are?

redemption

Re: Wanna Know What Your Chances Are?
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2006, 11:11:40 AM »
GPA: 2.5

LSAT: Taking December test.   Testing in low 160s but that might go down a little due to test pressure.

Been a web developer for 7 years.

Married.

Musician (guitar).

Art major.

I want to go to Santa Clara for IP law.  What are my chances there?

Thank you.

Get a 162, and I figure you're in.

redemption

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2006, 11:15:51 AM »
Oh no you opened the flood gates Red.  :P

Me:

GPA: 2.9 Elect. Eng
LSAT: 163 highest PT.  But expecting 155-156 on sept exam

2 years experience in EE design.  President of club in school.. worked during most of undergrad.  a bunch of other ECs..

I am applying to part time programs in the top 100.  Where do you think I have a good to medium shot?

I already have a good idea, but I want to see your opinion.. cause your post count scares me  ;)

Hmm. Let's hope for a 160. ::Fingers crossed ::

pikey

• Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2006, 11:16:27 AM »
3.39 LSAC 3.74 degree (top 20 undergrad). 175 LSAT  Top 15% gratuating class (with distinction).  Member of a couple of clubs, mentor.  Member of Beta Alpha Psi (finance honorary frat).  Management trainee at a bank for the past 16 months.  Currently in the trust department, so relevant to the law I want to practice.  Ok recs from 2 profs.  Black Bermudian.

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2006, 11:16:58 AM »
GPA: 3.67LSDAS (3.77 Undergraduate)
LSAT: 157 Oct 04, 165 June 06, ??? Sept. 06 practicing 168-174 with addendum to explain death in the family

Graduated May 05 working as an international trade paralegal in DC

Soft factors --
-Lived overseas -- Kenya (2.5 years highschool) ; UK (2 yrs middle school; 1 yr college)
-Studied abroad -- London School of Economics, UK (took a law class got a 1st on exam)
-Dual national -- UK/US
-internship at State Department
-solid volunteer activites with tons of leadership all 4 years undergrad (up to 40 hrs a week while going to school full time)
-interesting outside pursuits -- theater, gymnastics, ballet, soccer

Academics --
Dean's List, National Dean's List
nothing exciting here unfortunately

redemption

« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2006, 11:17:25 AM »
3.25 (3.34 Major)-Philosophy GPA: 3.8
September LSAT. High:167, Avg:164-165
Bilingual
2 years in europe during college
Worked part time all through undergrad.  1 year FT WE.
URM: Chicano
Married

Schools in the west, not California: CO, UT, AZ, NM, OR, WA.

Work your mojo ...

Well, hell dude. Where in those states can't you get into with that profile?

n/a

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2006, 11:19:31 AM »
2.8 in engineering
LSAT ~175 unless I choke on RC again

Worked 25 hrs a week throughout undergrad and 40 hrs a week during summers.

Active member of professional fraternity..

Cooley for me?

redemption

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2006, 11:19:43 AM »
Post your details, and I'll tell you where you'll get in and where you won't. The more details you give, the more accurate I'll be. Numbers, ECs, work, age, URM status. If you don't know your LSAT number yet, indicate your highest practice score.

I'm off to eat, but I'll be back reasonably soon. Offer lasts for a limited time only.  :)

GPA: 3.35 (UCLA)
LSAT: 163-166 (depends on results)
URM: Mexican-American
Work: 2 summer internships at a law firm, 1 summer at a real estate firm and 1.5 years doing commercial real estate
EC: National Laser Tag Champion (11 years playing), Wrote a novel (currently seeking publisher), Worked with diabetic children and 2 different animal organizations
Addendum: I am a type 1 diabetic and was hospitalized throughout college, my health has dramatically improved and my last year shows an upward grade trend
Target Schools: Loyola, UCLA, USC, Vandy, Washington U, Georgetown (PT), GW (PT), UC Davis, Wisconsin, UT

HRS = Goergetown. Why are you applying only to the PT program there? Have they stopped the either/or program?

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2006, 11:21:04 AM »
Post your details, and I'll tell you where you'll get in and where you won't. The more details you give, the more accurate I'll be. Numbers, ECs, work, age, URM status. If you don't know your LSAT number yet, indicate your highest practice score.

I'm off to eat, but I'll be back reasonably soon. Offer lasts for a limited time only.  :)

Work: 2 summer internships at a law firm, 1 summer at a real estate firm and 1.5 years doing commercial real estate
EC: National Laser Tag Champion (11 years playing), Wrote a novel (currently seeking publisher), Worked with diabetic children and 2 different animal organizations
Addendum: I am a type 1 diabetic and was hospitalized throughout college, my health has dramatically improved and my last year shows an upward grade trend
Target Schools: Loyola, UCLA, USC, Vandy, Washington U, Georgetown (PT), GW (PT), UC Davis, Wisconsin, UT

HRS = Goergetown. Why are you applying only to the PT program there? Have they stopped the either/or program?

I didnt think I had a shot at full time lol

redemption

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2006, 11:22:00 AM »
3.9 Economics
167 (June)
Cancelled Sept.
Honors degree
two publications and senior honors thesis
White House Intern
Truman Scholar Finalist
Fluent in Portuguese
Student Govt.
Honors Think Tank on Genetics and Bioethics

Interesting. Let me think about this one while I do some others. Tempted to say Chicago at the moment

redemption

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2006, 11:22:57 AM »

I didnt think I had a shot at full time lol

Did you look on LSN, and filter your index for URM?