Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Northeast BLSA Academic Retreat @ Harvard  (Read 1212 times)

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
Northeast BLSA Academic Retreat @ Harvard
« on: October 09, 2006, 02:05:32 PM »
Yes, ladies and gentlemen, the Northeast Region is coming to Harvard.

SAVE THE DATE

Northeast Region - Black Law Students Association
 ACADEMIC RETREAT

Saturday, November 11, 2006
Harvard University School of Law
11am-6pm WORKSHOPS
6:30-9:30 SOCIAL EVENT

BLSA Academic Retreats are typically geared towards 1L's and provide workshops on Blue Booking, Exam Taking, Resume Writing, etc.  This year's will have something for 2L's and 3L's as well by covering summer employment advice and Bar preparation. This year's Retreat will also be featuring a workshop with the author(s) of the acclaimed exam strategy book --GETTING TO MAYBE, and much, much, more!!

Hope to see you there....BLSA love.
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

Rudy Huckleberry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Northeast BLSA Academic Retreat @ Harvard
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 11:54:18 PM »
Hmm..question Sands.  How do you register and how much?  I could really use one of the workshops geared toward 1Ls (exam-taking - I haven't mastered the art completely.)

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 11:19:05 PM »
It is totally FREE of charge.  There will be a registration coming up soon either on line or through chapter presidents merely for head-count purposes but there is no cost.  Just show up and learn. ;D
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

2Lacoste

• Sr. Citizen
  • Johan Santana for President
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 09:06:39 AM »
That's three days before my birthday and four days before I head to DC for a National Lawyers' Convention.

HOLLA AT CHA BOY!

lacoste
Mets will take the NL Pennant.

2Lacoste

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2006, 03:04:03 AM »
I shut down the law school library today for a second consecutive evening.  I can't believe I'm closing out the library. 

lacoste

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2006, 08:38:58 PM »
Charles H. Houston

Rudy Huckleberry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2006, 11:25:57 PM »
I will officially be there.  Looking forward to it; a sista needs it!

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2006, 03:32:17 PM »
2006 FREE NEBLSA ACADEMIC RETREAT
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 11, 2006
REGISTER FOR THE RETREAT BY MONDAY, NOVEMBER 6, 2006.

*       Please distribute/forward this email & attachment to your general membership.

*       Students planning on attending conference should complete the attached registration form and email it to neblsaretreat06@yahoo.com by Monday, November 6, 2006.

*       There will be FREE BUS transportation provided by NEBLSA leaving from New York City TO and FROM the RETREAT.  Students planning to take the free bus must indicate so on the registration form.

*       To Download Registration Form Click Here

Charles H. Houston

2Lacoste

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2006, 09:06:16 PM »
Yo Sands,

Does everyone have to fill that out -- even all us "special" folks here at Hahvaad?

lacoste

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2006, 09:18:30 PM »
Yo Sands,

Does everyone have to fill that out -- even all us "special" folks here at Hahvaad?

lacoste

Definitely not the bus trip part since you jokers are hosting the region.  :D

We're trying to provide food for everybody so we want to get a good headcount. So I guess the answer for you cats at Harvard would be no you don't really need to but it would help us plan ahead if you're planning on staying for lunch and/or the social event afterwards.
Charles H. Houston