Law School Discussion

Way over the numbers for a school

->Soon

• View Profile
Way over the numbers for a school
« on: October 09, 2006, 08:45:34 AM »
say, for instance, you got a 178 and a 3.75 gpa.

pretty good numbers. 

if you decide to go to a "lesser ranked" school, are you pretty much guarentted a scholorship and/or full ride?

Re: Way over the numbers for a school
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 12:53:14 PM »
With numbers like that, I don't see why you would refuse to go to any top 10 schools.  If you saw the job prospects for the schools in the top 10 and you consider the fact that rankings are not terribly important in those schools, you would not mind taking out massive loans to pay off law school. 

To answer your question, yes you will be getting massive scholarships from lower ranked schools.  If you're absolutely certain that you'll be going into the public sector then going to school for free might be a good idea.

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 01:35:39 PM »
With numbers like that, I don't see why you would refuse to go to any top 10 schools.  If you saw the job prospects for the schools in the top 10 and you consider the fact that rankings are not terribly important in those schools, you would not mind taking out massive loans to pay off law school. 

To answer your question, yes you will be getting massive scholarships from lower ranked schools.  If you're absolutely certain that you'll be going into the public sector then going to school for free might be a good idea.

after lookng at the top 10-20, i have veryl ittle interest in any of them.

unlike many people here, i refuse to fall into the rankings game.

H4CS

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 01:38:01 PM »
Do you honestly expect anyone on this board to believe you are going to have this problem?

redemption

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2006, 04:16:06 PM »

pretty good numbers. 

if you decide to go to a "lesser ranked" school, are you pretty much guarentted a scholorship and/or full ride?

Yes, full ride.

UNLV here you come  ;)

redemption

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2006, 04:59:53 PM »
Depends on how "lesser" you're looking, and what they think you'll bring to the table.  It's quite possible that a LS will want you based on your numbers, but you might not have enough soft factors, financial need, or even the right race or gender for them to try and seduce you to attend with a full ride -- especially if they think you might jump ship for a T14.

Eh, naive.

Those number will get you a full ride anywhere outside the top 14. Numbers matter. What you bring to the table - not so much.

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2006, 05:12:22 PM »
Depends on how "lesser" you're looking, and what they think you'll bring to the table.  It's quite possible that a LS will want you based on your numbers, but you might not have enough soft factors, financial need, or even the right race or gender for them to try and seduce you to attend with a full ride -- especially if they think you might jump ship for a T14.

Eh, naive.

Those number will get you a full ride anywhere outside the top 14. Numbers matter. What you bring to the table - not so much.

thats kinda what im thinking.

now that its back to winter, i dont like the idea of living anywhere cold.

happens every yr.

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2006, 06:09:45 PM »

pretty good numbers. 

Yes, full ride.

UNLV here you come  ;)

its on the list.

Vegas would be a blast...

H4CS

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2006, 07:35:03 PM »
I believe in Blue!

Yeah, but he's going to be cold at St. Thomas.  Poor guy.

Yeah, me.

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2006, 07:36:20 PM »
I believe in Blue!

Yeah, but he's going to be cold at St. Thomas.  Poor guy.

i presume that he's talking about me.