Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: GOOD LOGIC GAME STUDYING MATERIAL  (Read 415 times)

gsh

• View Profile
GOOD LOGIC GAME STUDYING MATERIAL
« on: October 09, 2006, 07:12:56 AM »
Can anyone suggest a good resource for preparing for the games section?  I have McGraw - Hill's conquering LSAT Logic Games by curvebreakers.  If there is a better one, I would love to have it.

Thanks

sunfunliving

• Sr. Citizen
  • My baby in Haiti....Tamarah
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - sunfunliving
    • View Profile
    • :) Study Guide Info :)
    • Email
Re: GOOD LOGIC GAME STUDYING MATERIAL
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 09:59:47 AM »
The problem with Curvebreaker is that they do not use LSAT material and all their games are made up. I had that book when I was studying for the LSAT and it really is not good. Also, it has some mistakes in it.

The Logic Games Bible by Powerscore is great. Once you have worked through that, you need to take the time to practice on actual games. I took all the released tests and made a "game binder". When I took the LSAT, there were about 52 released tests, now there are more. When I had 10 minutes time, I would work through one game...I must have taken about 40 tests' games in prep to the LSAT. The actual practice is just as important as learning the games.

Also...and I know that I am going to catch "slack" for this from some on this board, I found the "Master the LSAT" book by NOVA very helpful for games because that book goes over the more strange games. I know that the LSAT has gotten easier in the games lately, but one should be prepared as that can change at any time with the next test.

In addition, Kaplan recently published a book on games. Again, this one does not use actual LSAT games, but they do a good job at explaining the particular types of games and what to look out for on a specific type of game. I would recommend this book if you are really not getting one particular type of game. But, I would go with the Powerscore book first and foremost.

Vera :)
LSAT - The PERFECT Study Plan (2,4&6 Month PrepGuide) - ask me about it! :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=013&item=230036283031&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1