Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Brooklyn Law  (Read 12039 times)

abmarz

• View Profile
Brooklyn Law
« on: February 13, 2004, 11:20:40 AM »
Has anyone heard from Brooklyn yet?
It is my first choice and I have yet to hear from them. I have a 3.5 from Boston U and a 154 average lsat (151, 157). I know it's a long shot, but what do you think my chances are?

bastage

• View Profile
Re: Brooklyn Law
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2004, 07:39:13 PM »
Based on their decision grid from last year, it's going to be tough but you have a chance. If your application is strong, you might get in. Good luck!

moxygal

• Place Personal Text Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2004, 05:28:33 PM »
I got in a couple of days ago via email. 164/3.74. I think their apps are up this year because many people apply there as a safety school (like me). However, their median for their fall class last year I believe was 162, so looks like the school is trying to become more competitive.

brooke7733

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2004, 11:44:09 AM »
I have yet to hear anything from Brooklyn (one of my top picks).  I believe that Brooklyn looks more toward your highest LSAT score when making its decision, which is good for those of us who did better the second time around!  Good luck.

nyugrad

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2004, 06:52:34 AM »
My guess, if you have work experience, you'll be wait listed and then accepted into the evening program in late April/early May....but that's just me playing fortune teller based on what I saw last year.  If you get into their evening program...GO!  Everything's graded on a curve in law school, if you dont have anything to do during the day you can prepare your way to the top of the class, get on journals, and then transfer into the day program as a 2L. 

stillwaiting

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2004, 05:16:40 PM »
i recieved a letter from them a few weeks ago, suggesting that I consider re taking the lsat !! ( 3.87/ 159 are my stats) ...I thought it was somewhat bizarre, though my score is low compared to my gpa. anyway, i keep getting postcards and things from them but no decision! grrr

Victor

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2004, 05:54:24 PM »
i recieved a letter from them a few weeks ago, suggesting that I consider re taking the lsat !! ( 3.87/ 159 are my stats) ...I thought it was somewhat bizarre, though my score is low compared to my gpa. anyway, i keep getting postcards and things from them but no decision! grrr

They suggested that you retake the LSAT ??? you have good numbers. That's odd. I suggest that people sit in a class at Brooklyn Law School to see whats it like. It would suck to do so much work like retaking the LSAT for a school not worth it.

abmarz

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2004, 11:10:29 PM »
nyugrad - you're right! Wait listed at Brooklyn as of 3/1

barry_schmotz

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2004, 01:29:28 AM »
I think you should say to them "Please lick my nuts."  Be sure to be polite.  To suggest you should retake the LSAT is the greatest insult.  How dare they?  I say you should send them a letter asking them to turn in their ABA-accreditation on the grounds that they are a lousy school with really bad advice to law applicants.  Just remember to be polite the whole time.

Good luck!

bastage

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2004, 02:21:35 PM »
Waitlisted 3/3. LSDAS GPA 2.75/162