Law School Discussion

What Schools Place Really Well in California?

What Schools Place Really Well in California?
« on: October 06, 2006, 04:32:28 PM »

Re: What Schools Place Really Well in California?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2006, 04:52:56 PM »

n/a

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 04:54:31 PM »
UC Davis and UC Hastings are both excellent schools as well, though I cant speak to how they place.

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2006, 05:20:54 PM »
What about Berkeley and obviously Stanford?

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2006, 06:12:44 PM »

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2006, 07:17:54 PM »
Hastings places well in the bay area and is much more well regarded than Santa Clara or Davis.

ryuko

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2006, 08:06:47 PM »
If you want to work in LA...USC is the place go to. the alumni networking is absolutely crazy. Besides the fact that a there is a huge contingency of USC alumni driving around SoCal (in sweet rides of course), they WILL help you and treat you like family if you've graduated from their alma mater. I've also heard that USC is quite generous with their scholarships, unlike the UCs.

FossilJ

• Carbon-date THIS, biznitch!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2006, 02:57:56 AM »
Im from Chicago and go to school at the University of Illinois, but am tired of cold weather and chicago.  I want to move to Cali, preferable SoCal/LA.  My GPA is 3.35 as a poli sci major.  I havent taken the LSAT yet, but plan on gettin around mid 160s maybe 170.  Obviously the schools in Cali are pretty good but also expensive as hell, so what other schools around the country could i attend and still have a good shot to get a job in LA?
if $ is the limiting factor, apply to schools in LA where you're numbers are around the 75% for that school, and hope for scholarship money.
well moneys not a HUGE factor, but besides UCLA, USC and Loyola, what other Cali schools place well in LA? (i got no shot at stanford or berkley)

I'd apply to UCLA, USC, Loyola, Pepperdine. If you like San Diego, I've heard USD places really well down there. Also, up in SF, there's Hastings, Davis and Santa Clara. It really depends on what area of CA and what type of school you like. But there are plenty of options in CA.

Also USF in San Francisco.  And then there's Davis and McGeorge in Sacramento.

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2006, 01:59:33 AM »
Percentage of class placed in V100 Southern California (Los Angeles, Orange County, Irvine, Newport Beach, and San Diego).

17 USC 14.5%
15 UCLA 12.3%
2 Stanford 9.8%
3 Harvard 6.1%
8 Boalt 6.1%
6 Chicago 5.7%
1 Yale 4.5%
4 NYU 3.6%
8 Michigan 3.6%
7 Penn 3.3%

http://lawfirmaddict.blogspot.com/

FossilJ

• Carbon-date THIS, biznitch!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2006, 02:16:06 AM »
And then, of course, there's the 80% of us who don't give a *&^% about the V100.