Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Jolie out  (Read 1767 times)

Jolie Was Here

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3L. Meh.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Jolie out
« on: October 06, 2006, 01:15:32 PM »
Hey kids,

I believe that the time has come to follow in many others' footsteps and gracefully bow out of LSDdom.  Signing on has become more compulsive than anything - I don't bite my nails, but I scan this board about a few dozen times a day.  I think my time here was waning anyway, but there was some personal off-topic *&^% posted a few days ago that pounded in the proverbial nail.   

Anywho.  Best of luck this cycle to the new applicants.  There are a few of y'all I wouldn't mind keeping tabs on, and I think you mostly know who you are.  I'll keep checking PMs for a little while if anyone wants to send RL contact info.  And who knows -- maybe I'll be back.  But for now...it's been grand.
I was referring to your intellectual penis. Which is quite robust.

Jolie is creeping up on me. 

Jolie Was Here

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3L. Meh.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: Jolie out
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2006, 02:32:37 PM »

FossilJ

• LSD Obsessed
  • Carbon-date THIS, biznitch!
    • View Profile
    • Cricket Rules!
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 03:04:22 PM »
Oh, great.  Just f-ing go.  Soon all we'll be left with is breadboy and Blue.  And I'm blaming you.
Pish, J only wants to waste YOUR time.  Get wise.

FossilJ

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Cricket Rules!
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2006, 03:30:05 PM »
Yeah, I'm beginning to agree with Marauding.

I am going through the stages of loss:

disbelief - check
sorrow - check
next up
anger.

Already been there.  Search my litany of threads.  hahaha

Jolie Was Here

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3L. Meh.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2006, 04:13:24 PM »
Oh, great.  Just f-ing go.  Soon all we'll be left with is breadboy and Blue.  And I'm blaming you.

How's about you blame them?  That's what finally drove me away.

As gratifying as it is to hear that folks are bummed (or angry!) to see me go, I think Cal has the right idea.  And you goobers don't get that you're the ones I'd be happy to keep up with.  Cane, definitely keep me posted about your Ann Arbor visit.  goaliechica, send any Michigan questions my way.  J, Bucky, demingh...ditto, and salud! 

Really, let's be honest.  I'll still keep up with the few LSDers I bothered to talk to, and I didn't participate all that much.  This really didn't warrant a special announcement - I probably could have slid away and no one would've noticed.  But, hey - I'm just diva enough to want my swan song.  Thanks for playing along!

Alamo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2006, 04:20:46 PM »
Disappointing.  You act like you have better things to do with your time . . . what could possibly be more compelling than LSD?  Don't tell me civil procedure . . .
I must admit that I may have been infected with society's prejudices and predilections and attributed them to God . . . and that in years hence I may be seen as someone who was on the wrong side of history.  I don't believe such doubts make me a bad Christian.  I believe they make me human . . .

FossilJ

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Cricket Rules!
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2006, 04:47:13 PM »

disbelief - check
sorrow - check
next up
anger.

Not to be mean, but this reminds me of my fraternity. Some people see seniors graduate and consequently move out of the house, saying the house has gone to *&^%. Others live in, hang out with the younger members, and pass on their knowledge to the newbies while having a great time. Sure, I'll miss Jolie, and others that have left, but it's not the end of the world.

Again, search my litany of threads.  That specific issue has been addressed as well.  Part of the problem is the quality of newbies and the state of disarray the forum is in.

fuwaf

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2006, 04:47:43 PM »
I believe that the time has come to follow in many others' footsteps and gracefully bow out of LSDdom.  Signing on has become more compulsive than anything - I don't bite my nails, but I scan this board about a few dozen times a day. 

I might follow.  At this point checking LSD is some sort of weird borderline OCD symptom.  Which is not in itself a good reason to keep doing it.  :-\

titcr

aerynn

• Sr. Citizen
  • Wait, what?
    • View Profile
    • http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=aerynn
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2006, 04:56:38 PM »
Awwww, Jolie!  That sucks, you're definately one of my favs.

Good luck in law school. :)
Here's how it went for me for Fall 2006 admission:
168/3.67
In: Emory($$), UGA ($), W&M ($$), GW($)
Waitlisted:American(W), UVA (W)
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=aerynn

FossilJ

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Cricket Rules!
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2006, 05:05:23 PM »

disbelief - check
sorrow - check
next up
anger.

Not to be mean, but this reminds me of my fraternity. Some people see seniors graduate and consequently move out of the house, saying the house has gone to *&^%. Others live in, hang out with the younger members, and pass on their knowledge to the newbies while having a great time. Sure, I'll miss Jolie, and others that have left, but it's not the end of the world.

Again, search my litany of threads.  That specific issue has been addressed as well.  Part of the problem is the quality of newbies and the state of disarray the forum is in.

Yes, and I'm equating this to those members that complain that things aren't as good as they used to be. Hey, maybe they aren't. But complaining doesn't make it better. And you can't just write off newbies because they have stupid questions, or because you don't want to take the time to differentiate between the various users.

No.  You're right.  Better new members makes it better.  Nothing I can do proactively can make it better.  I can just hope people talk about something interesting -- and, as of right now, I hope in vain.

It's not stupid questions -- the interesting members have not yet expanded their scope beyond LSAT discussions, and there's a dearth of posters in the Off Topic section as a result.  So we're stuck with Blue and breadboy, like I said. 

And I have taken the time to differentiate between the various users.