Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: deleting out  (Read 1768 times)

AMTK

• View Profile
deleting out
« on: October 06, 2006, 12:02:22 PM »
sorry

LSATitUpToHereWithThis

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Can you clarify some of these issues?

The Insomnia LR question. I remember there being 1 obvious choice, but apparently there were a number of slightly different and confusing responses. What's the deal?

For the following, do you remember any options other than the given, unchallenged TCRs?:

Exercise and Diet as effective as medicine
          Changes in diet and exercise have none or less side effects than taking medicine.

People who are not constantly aware of the world have clouded vision, people who are constantly aware of the world are overcitical and have tainted minds.
          People with untainted minds have clouded vision.

We can't know someone's intentions, we can only know the consequences of their actions, so we can judge morality only based on consequences of actions.
          Knowing intentions is indispensible to moral judgement.

Walking with street lights v. against them.
          Fails to consider frequency of the two samples.

RC   Definition of "basins of influence"
          All the water at any point flowed to the same body of water.
"You know the difference between novels and nonfiction? Fiction needs logic. If you invented the story of O.J. before the trial, it wouldn't have sold. No one would believe it."
ROY BLACK

StudentUVA

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Question 3 is what seperates the men from the boys. Different levels of impairment was the correct answer.

StudentUVA

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
1.) The 50th LR question was about a car advertisement stating that the car had good breaks + a unique feature that made it even safer and the car was therefore the best in its class.  It was in the top right corner of the page and was somewhere between 8-15 on the LR that didn't have the psychiatrist question.

You know what, I missed that whole discussion and thought it was about the ABS brakes question from 10/05, but you're right.  I have a pretty good memory and this question was definitely on the test.  Don't remember breaks being mentioned specifically, but the stimulus said that people who care about safety should buy Brand X, because it has the unique/patented/most advanced anti-slip or something feature than others in its class.  The flaw/assumption in the correct asnwer was the the author assumes other cars in that class do not have their own anti-slip, etc. feature that is different from Brand X yet still effective in making those cars safe.

Duhon, can you add it to the master list?
Even though this is a word for word description of Dec 05's question? I think you are more likely to be mistaken than the supposition that the lsac was dumb enough to repeat the same question so soon. I agree they may repeat some older questions, but this is almost a question from the last test...

StudentUVA

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Question 3 is what seperates the men from the boys. Different levels of impairment was the correct answer.

Depends on how you remember the stimulus.  I can see it going either way, but iirc, it was blood flow.  Admittedly, I may have misread the stimulus.  This is the one I'm least sure of.
The thing is i remember the stimulus pretty well, but i can still see it going either way. I spent like 5 minutes on this question...

carthageinruins

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
I remember it too. The car model started with a c, the claim being made was that it was safer than any other car in its class because of some system it had---and it was the only one in its class to have that system. the answer had something to do with the fact that the claim doesnt prove another car couldnt be just as safe or something using an analogous, but different system.

StudentUVA

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
1.) The 50th LR question was about a car advertisement stating that the car had good breaks + a unique feature that made it even safer and the car was therefore the best in its class.  It was in the top right corner of the page and was somewhere between 8-15 on the LR that didn't have the psychiatrist question.

You know what, I missed that whole discussion and thought it was about the ABS brakes question from 10/05, but you're right.  I have a pretty good memory and this question was definitely on the test.  Don't remember breaks being mentioned specifically, but the stimulus said that people who care about safety should buy Brand X, because it has the unique/patented/most advanced anti-slip or something feature than others in its class.  The flaw/assumption in the correct asnwer was the the author assumes other cars in that class do not have their own anti-slip, etc. feature that is different from Brand X yet still effective in making those cars safe.

Duhon, can you add it to the master list?
Even though this is a word for word description of Dec 05's question? I think you are more likely to be mistaken than the supposition that the lsac was dumb enough to repeat the same question so soon. I agree they may repeat some older questions, but this is almost a question from the last test...

It's not the word-for-word description.  I took both tests and the questions were different.  The one being discussed made no mention of ABS breaks, and the stimulus was different.  I did have LR experimental and it could have been on the experimental, otherwise I'd willing to put good money on the fact that it's from this test.
I dont know, if you look back at Dec 05, LR 2, question 20, i think you'll find an almost identical question you are talking about.

StudentUVA

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
All right, to all those who still doubt:

"Advertisement: The country classic is the only kind of car in its class that offers an anti-lock bracking system  that includes TrackAid. An antilock braking system keeps your wheels from locking up during hard braking, and TrackAid keeps your rear wheels from spinning on slippery surfaces. So if you are a safety conscious person in the market for a car in this class, the Country Classic is the only car for you"

The advertisement is misleading if which one of the following is true?

Correct: Other cars in the same class as country classic offer an antilock braking system that uses a method other than TrackAid to prevent rear wheels from spinning on slippery surfaces

LSATitUpToHereWithThis

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Thanks FJ
"You know the difference between novels and nonfiction? Fiction needs logic. If you invented the story of O.J. before the trial, it wouldn't have sold. No one would believe it."
ROY BLACK

sladkaya

• Sr. Citizen
  • Not born in Texas, but got here as soon as I could
    • View Profile
I dont know, if you look back at Dec 05, LR 2, question 20, i think you'll find an almost identical question you are talking about.

OK, I just went and looked at 12/05 ABS question and it is ridiculously similar to the question I saw on the test, to the point where several answer choices follow the same pattern.  However, I did not imagine that question, it was there.  I'm starting to lean towards the fact that it was on experimental.  My experimental LR had several questions that were similar to questions on previous tests, and even had a question identical to the crossing the street on green light (except with sharks and swimming after dark).  Does everyone who remembers this question had experimental LR?
Accepted: Michigan($$), Northwestern($$$), Vanderbilt($$$), UCLA($$), UT($$$), WUSTL($$$), UIUC($$$$), Notre Dame($$),

Attending: TEXAS !!!

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=sladkaya