Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Must. Keep. Practicing. Help!  (Read 453 times)

rukiddin

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Must. Keep. Practicing. Help!
« on: October 05, 2006, 06:19:32 PM »
So, I postponed the 9/30 test to Dec. b/c I didn't feel that PR and 2 months studying was enough prep. So, here I am, nearly a week out from the Sept test date, and I haven't so much as worked one LG. I was SO diligent before and now I just can't seem to regain my focus. WTF?! I'm probabaly just burnt-out, and now that the pressure is off I'm having trouble getting my groove back.

Anyone else experiencing this sort of thing? How do I get over this?  ???

Jhuen_the_bird

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Must. Keep. Practicing. Help!
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 06:31:59 PM »
I recommend scaling back the studying until November hits ... I mean, still make sure you look at LSAT stuff a bit at least 4-5 days a week, but no 4 hour study sessions - that will cause even more burnout!  Just look over stuff enough for the rest of this month so that you don't forget anything ... then maybe re-pick stuff up again in November, doing things over again ... maybe even get a new study book (like one of the "Bibles" I've heard so much about) and go through that ... save the really intense studying for the couple weeks before the test.

LizPendens™

• LSD Obsessed
  • The Real Alice -- Adventures in Wonderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2006, 06:33:54 PM »
you sound burned out. i ended up slacking all summer for the same reason. give yourself a week or two of GUILT-FREE rest and fun and hopefully you'll be back to fighting shape.
There foam'd rebellious Logic, gagg'd and bound.                           
            -  Charles Dodgson,  "Lewis Carroll"                               
                         "The Game of Logic"

rukiddin

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2006, 10:43:07 AM »
Yeah. Sounds like good advice. I think I am gonna give myself another week or so to relax before trying to hit the books again.

One more thing: Since PR was kind of a bust, but I study better with guidance and a class schedule, I'm thinking of taking another prep course. Something like Powerscore which people seem to like around here. It does mean spending another G on this friggin test, but maybe it'd be worth it? What do you think?

Thanks for the input yall.

survivor07

• Sr. Citizen
  • Phoenix is Freelancer is Syd
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2006, 11:18:54 AM »
Yes, you do sound burned out.  A break is definitely in order, but not a long drawn out break...I would definitely not suggest you break until November.  A week or two of GUILT FREE fun is a very good idea.  I would do more than two weeks though...this is your future, you know!?  I had the same problem before the Sept 30th test and I ended up postponing; I would study here and there, but nothing significant.  I thought 2 weeks would be enough time, um, NO!

You know what motivates me to get my butt up and study now?  LAW SCHOOL! The fact that I have a strong desire to go, and if I don't do well on this test I can pretty much forget about it. If you think about your future, and how badly you want this, that will motivate you to get your butt in gear.  I spend about 2 hours studying in the morning before school and about an hour at night after work, along with all day study on Saturday.  Whatever works for you, so if you feel taking another prep course is in your best interest, go for it.  Like my man Malcom X said......BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY!!!
-"Outstanding people have one thing in common: and absoulte sense of mission."

-"Patience, Persistence, and perspiration make an ubeatable combination for success."

-"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."

LizPendens™

• LSD Obsessed
  • The Real Alice -- Adventures in Wonderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2006, 08:22:53 PM »
Yeah. Sounds like good advice. I think I am gonna give myself another week or so to relax before trying to hit the books again.

One more thing: Since PR was kind of a bust, but I study better with guidance and a class schedule, I'm thinking of taking another prep course. Something like Powerscore which people seem to like around here. It does mean spending another G on this friggin test, but maybe it'd be worth it? What do you think?

Thanks for the input yall.

PR has a bad reputation - i'm notsurprised you were disapointed. if you have the time and money it might be worthwhile, given the short span of time before december, to take a different couse. they tend to keep you on your toes.  might i suggest testmasters? ;D  (yes powerscore is supposed to be reputable, but i personally vouch for testmasters from personal experience. excellent stuff.)
There foam'd rebellious Logic, gagg'd and bound.                           
            -  Charles Dodgson,  "Lewis Carroll"                               
                         "The Game of Logic"

rukiddin

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2006, 10:30:47 AM »
When I went to sign up for Testmasters, I got a message that Testmasters is not currently offering a course in my area, but that it is offering a course under the name Powerscore, and then diverted me to Powerscore's website. Weird.

Powerscore it is. :) Thanks!