Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The annoyance of bringing the LSAT into your world (ex-post facto)  (Read 497 times)

lsatarist

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Having completed the LSAT on Sept. 30th, you'd figure that the only thing still associated with the test would be your score. However, I am finding it very annoying to function as a "regular" person after studying for months. I honestly will read the newspaper or other articles and start breaking down the conclusion, main idea, topic, scope, etc. If I see words like "unless" in a sentence... my brain automatically thinks "only if" and negates the other part of the sentence. Its really creepy and I need to stop, but my mind is still in LSAT mode. Ahhhhhhhhhh.

annab

• Sr. Citizen
  • I will not pay taxes for war, thank you very much
    • View Profile
Re: The annoyance of bringing the LSAT into your world (ex-post facto)
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 01:07:02 AM »
I feel the same way!  :D

I'm going through some kind of withdrawal right now.  :-\

Law Is 4 Me

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2006, 02:19:14 AM »
I'M definitely going through LSAT withdraw.  And I'm 100% there with you on having lost the ability to have a regular conversation full of unwarranted assumptions. 

Law Is 4 Me

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2006, 02:24:57 AM »
3 hrs back??  Damn!  I got 8 hrs back!  i realllllly feel useless now!!

dbmuell

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2006, 09:23:16 AM »
I agree with all above but I find some added bonuses.  I feel like all the time spent with RC passages has really increased my overall rate of comprehension.  When I ready magazine articles/essays/news I find that I am retaining a lot more of the little details and finer points.  I also feel like I've learned to really pick apart people's bulls**t at a much faster rate by immediately identifying faulty logic.  Overall, I'm better off for having done it!

Lex Luthor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2006, 04:50:35 PM »
Having completed the LSAT on Sept. 30th, you'd figure that the only thing still associated with the test would be your score. However, I am finding it very annoying to function as a "regular" person after studying for months. I honestly will read the newspaper or other articles and start breaking down the conclusion, main idea, topic, scope, etc. If I see words like "unless" in a sentence... my brain automatically thinks "only if" and negates the other part of the sentence. Its really creepy and I need to stop, but my mind is still in LSAT mode. Ahhhhhhhhhh.

Two questions.

1.  Why would you be a regular person?

2.  Why wouldn't you want to read critically?
Especially Lex, whom everyone knows is one of the biggest flame/trolls on LSD.

seacotton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2006, 04:55:38 PM »
I tell my wife which commercials would make good LR passages. She hates it, but I canít stop.

. . .

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2006, 05:32:19 PM »
the word 'unless' always makes me cringe now