Law School Discussion

"Should I cancel" Post

Jets

• At least the Pats missed the playoffs...
    • View Profile
"Should I cancel" Post
« on: October 04, 2006, 08:14:28 PM »
Random LSD Poster: I think I should cancel my LSAT score. My answers are in no way similar to those posted on the Sept '06 Post-Mortem, and I felt like I was lost while I took the test. Further, the only people who think I should not cancel my score are my parents who are hypocritical; they cancelled their order for opera tickets just last week!

1. Which of the following principles, if true, most justifies Random LSD Poster's reasoning?
a) If one is to cancel his or her LSAT score, the answers must be in no way similar to those on the PM
b) If one's parents are the only hypocritical people who say that one should cancel, then one should cancel
c) If one's parents are the only hypocritical people who say that one should cancel, then one should not cancel
d) If one's answer is not similar to those posted on the PM, then one should cancel his or her LSAT score
e) LSAT scores should be cancelled only if one's feelings permit such behavior

2. Which of the following most closely identifies a flaw in the reasoning?
a) It pressuposes what it sets to prove
b) It confuses correlation with causation
c) It assumes -- without providing justification -- that the Post Mortem is always 100% accurate
d) It fails to offer any evidence in support of its conclusion
e) It fails to consider that the cancellation cited as evidence is different in fundamental respects to that which pertains to the conclusion

Yes, I'm very bored.

Re: "Should I cancel" Post
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 08:20:20 PM »
haha... 1.i dunno?? 2.c? i don't know... i vowed to forget how to think logically for at least a month after the lsat

Rockie

• Scream for me LSD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 09:09:36 PM »
Goodness, I thought I was sleep deprived...

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 09:47:32 PM »
I'd say 2 is E, luckily you don't write for lsat