Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: SEND LOR's TO LSAC and FORGET ABOUT SEPERATE APPRAISALS??  (Read 216 times)

bboyspekz

• Sr. Citizen
  • Yes, that is me in Union Sq, NYC
    • View Profile
SEND LOR's TO LSAC and FORGET ABOUT SEPERATE APPRAISALS??
« on: October 04, 2006, 03:29:28 PM »
Sorry I started a new thread for this. I could not find anything that addressed this particular topic in similar threads....

OK so I am about to give a professor a stamped and properly addressed envelope along with the LSDAS Recommender Form for the LSAC...which is good...but....should I also make separate envelopes and have him fill out and send to separately the recommender appraisal forms that some schools like Columbia and Brooklyn use (NOT THE DEANS CERT)??? And if I should in fact have him send those out, should I also tell him to include a copy of his LOR with them to those schools, even though they would receive it through LSDAS anyway????

I appreciate any help here. THANKS!!

barrygoodlife

• View Profile
Re: SEND LOR's TO LSAC and FORGET ABOUT SEPERATE APPRAISALS??
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 05:59:24 PM »
The Brooklyn Faculty Letter Form says NOT to duplicate letters..if it's going through LSDAS, with one set of cover forms (waiver of rights), you do not need to send the same letter with Brooklyn's waiver form.
One letter=one form, your choice.

orangie

• Sr. Citizen
  • GULC '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2006, 06:02:15 PM »
I am having my recommenders fill out Columbia's form and mail it directly to Columbia, and fill out generic LSAC form and mail to LSAC.  I am also going to fill out Columbia's application on their web site, send my resume and essays via mail, and not bother with LSAC because I am afraid they'll screw up the formatting.  I am using LSAC for all of the other schools though.

CLS20091L

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2006, 06:05:10 PM »
Sorry I started a new thread for this. I could not find anything that addressed this particular topic in similar threads....

OK so I am about to give a professor a stamped and properly addressed envelope along with the LSDAS Recommender Form for the LSAC...which is good...but....should I also make separate envelopes and have him fill out and send to separately the recommender appraisal forms that some schools like Columbia and Brooklyn use (NOT THE DEANS CERT)??? And if I should in fact have him send those out, should I also tell him to include a copy of his LOR with them to those schools, even though they would receive it through LSDAS anyway????

I appreciate any help here. THANKS!!

I don't recall filling out any such form.