Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: HYS with a 2.5 and 160?  (Read 89074 times)

Ghilly

• View Profile
Re: HYS with a 2.5 and 160?
« Reply #180 on: October 18, 2006, 04:15:59 PM »

Can I write my PS in the form of an interview with an adcom??

Yes, but make sure you detail how you overcame adversity during the interview.  Did it start off badly?  Was the admcom bored? mean? conservative?  What did the experience teach you about resilience?  Did you create an ordered situation from a chaotic one?

TITCR

Plus, maybe in the conversation you convinced the adcom member of one of your beliefs. Did you bring the adcom member to Jesus?

Yes.  Saving the adcom from burning eternally in hell might boost your soft factors.

Zam

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 18, 2006, 04:29:05 PM »
I've decided to write my personal statement in the form of a Logical Reasoning Question.

Adcoms like to decipher fun little games! Breaks up all the other boring applications!!!! God, people suck.

Tell me what you think!

People who are not ugly are superior human beings. Those who are superior possess a keen ability to judge othersí personalities, even if these personalities are forced to be represented incompletely on an unfairly simplistic piece of paper. An adcom who possesses this trait looks closely at every application, regardless of the personís race, creed, color or numerical value. Closely evaluating each application is a reflection of a smart adcom. And of course, any smart adcom would immediately admit DemingH and provide her with a full ride and the white pony of her choosing.

What can be properly inferred based on the passage above?

a) Deming actually deserves two ponies, one of which must be white. And donít forget they need a stable to live in.
b) If the reader rejects Deming, then he/she is clearly a hideous mongrel and hasn't accepted the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ into his/her heart.
c) The person reading this PS should immediately admit the applicant, unless the reader wants to lose his/her job, dignity and sense of self worth.
d) If the person reading this personal statement is beautiful, intelligent and discerning, he/she is also a superior form of human being and will be brought a steaming hot latte by an equally superior smokin-hot stranger the day after Demingís acceptance letter arrives.
e) DemingH is way funner than can be expressed by GPA and LSAT Scores, and her funness should be weighted appropriately when calculating the applicant index.

Wait, there is no option for all of the above. So I choose to contest this question. Is that the right answer?

Ghilly

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 18, 2006, 04:35:21 PM »
I've decided to write my personal statement in the form of a Logical Reasoning Question.

Adcoms like to decipher fun little games! Breaks up all the other boring applications!!!! God, people suck.

Tell me what you think!

People who are not ugly are superior human beings. Those who are superior possess a keen ability to judge othersí personalities, even if these personalities are forced to be represented incompletely on an unfairly simplistic piece of paper. An adcom who possesses this trait looks closely at every application, regardless of the personís race, creed, color or numerical value. Closely evaluating each application is a reflection of a smart adcom. And of course, any smart adcom would immediately admit DemingH and provide her with a full ride and the white pony of her choosing.

What can be properly inferred based on the passage above?

a) Deming actually deserves two ponies, one of which must be white. And donít forget they need a stable to live in.
b) If the reader rejects Deming, then he/she is clearly a hideous mongrel and hasn't accepted the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ into his/her heart.
c) The person reading this PS should immediately admit the applicant, unless the reader wants to lose his/her job, dignity and sense of self worth.
d) If the person reading this personal statement is beautiful, intelligent and discerning, he/she is also a superior form of human being and will be brought a steaming hot latte by an equally superior smokin-hot stranger the day after Demingís acceptance letter arrives.
e) DemingH is way funner than can be expressed by GPA and LSAT Scores, and her funness should be weighted appropriately when calculating the applicant index.

Choice e can clearly be eliminated because it can be inferred that a beautiful and saved adcom would never use an index, which is a device employed by scientists, who are liberals and therefore godless.

Zam

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 18, 2006, 04:36:16 PM »
finely done elmira, finely done.

Does this mean that an equally superior smokin-hot member of the opposite sex will be delivering a latte to me soon?

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 23, 2006, 02:41:26 PM »

Help!

Does my 3.0 gpa in Pwncology count for anything?  It's a tough major.  Will adcomms notice?

You, sir, have a 4.3 in Pwncology, and we all know it.
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

Zam

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 23, 2006, 02:48:49 PM »
What is the point of this thread anymore? Every Joe Ijusttookthelsat has posted their own thread about their chances. Now I will never get an answer about whether I can get into Harvard with my 2.6/160.

Zam

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 23, 2006, 03:11:59 PM »
Wow, u guyz half some vary good advise! Im, glad to here that you guyz think I have a chance because Harvard is my dreem! I half good work experiense and other grate soft factors, so that should help right?

Witch nobel lauriette did yuo use to right your essay? I was thinking of asking Tom Cruise to right mine, and I would edit it. (I am a professional journalist).Then I wasn't sure if he had a nobel or a peoples choice award, which isn't as prestigious, do you guys now?

Zam

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 23, 2006, 03:15:38 PM »
Where have y'all been all day? I spent the morning trying to convince someone that the LSAT writing sample is not scored.

Catherine Morland

• Sr. Citizen
  • the improvement of her mind by extensive reading
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 23, 2006, 03:17:46 PM »
Wow, u guyz half some vary good advise! Im, glad to here that you guyz think I have a chance because Harvard is my dreem! I half good work experiense and other grate soft factors, so that should help right?

Witch nobel lauriette did yuo use to right your essay? I was thinking of asking Tom Cruise to right mine, and I would edit it. (I am a professional journalist).Then I wasn't sure if he had a nobel or a peoples choice award, which isn't as prestigious, do you guys now?

Forget Tom Cruise. Ask Reese Witherspoon. I mean she got into Harvard AND an Oscar. That's way cooler than that Noble thing. Or maybe you should get a Coppola to do a video instead!
0102 SLY

The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid. - Jane Austen

iSalute

• Sr. Citizen
  • Freedom don't come free
    • View Profile
    • Check us out...
« Reply #189 on: October 23, 2006, 03:20:31 PM »
Because of my LSAT writing sample, they had to bump my LSAT score up to a 184. It was the greatest writing sample they say has ever passed though. Ever.
The University of San Diego c/o 2011.

http://themeaningofmadness.blogspot.com/