Law School Discussion

for those that have started law school

->Soon

• View Profile
Re: for those that have started law school
« Reply #600 on: August 13, 2007, 06:13:07 AM »
im only up then cause i have to be.

was hoping LS was a bit more sleep friendly...

keelee

• View Profile
« Reply #601 on: August 13, 2007, 10:28:51 AM »
http://susancartierliebel.typepad.com/build_a_solo_practice/2007/08/91-of-lawyers-u.html

for those of you in school or heading to it, it might be prudent to take some sort of law marketing class

better to take it and not need it than to assume you wont need it but do.

At USC, Sections I-K don't have class before 10:05AM, and on Thursdays and Fridays their first class is at 11:30AM. I think sections A-H officially hate them (in the non-violent way). I'm certainly jealous of them.

« Reply #602 on: August 13, 2007, 10:33:14 AM »
I think everyone in 1L at my school had a 9 o'clock class and a few sections of legal writing started at 8 o'clock. It wasn't so much starting at 9 that bothered me, it was that during second semester I started at 9 and didn't end until 4:15 three days a week.

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #603 on: August 13, 2007, 10:35:34 AM »
http://susancartierliebel.typepad.com/build_a_solo_practice/2007/08/91-of-lawyers-u.html

for those of you in school or heading to it, it might be prudent to take some sort of law marketing class

better to take it and not need it than to assume you wont need it but do.

At USC, Sections I-K don't have class before 10:05AM, and on Thursdays and Fridays their first class is at 11:30AM. I think sections A-H officially hate them (in the non-violent way). I'm certainly jealous of them.

man, that is sweet!

I think everyone in 1L at my school had a 9 o'clock class and a few sections of legal writing started at 8 o'clock. It wasn't so much starting at 9 that bothered me, it was that during second semester I started at 9 and didn't end until 4:15 three days a week.

that is the opposite of sweet.

« Reply #604 on: August 13, 2007, 11:53:25 AM »

i have two 8:30am classes this semester.  it will be good for me. 

one of the 1L sections has civpro at 8:30am on Tues and Thurs.  And, this is funny, the administration changed 1L Friday classes to 9am (to discourage Thursday night drinking?) HAAHAHAHAAAAAHAAA.  Last year my friday classes were at 10am, so at least that was bearable with a hangover.

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #605 on: August 13, 2007, 12:43:57 PM »
oh yeah, good luck to all of you starting back this week (or soon)...

:)

« Reply #606 on: August 13, 2007, 01:33:35 PM »
I had 9 a.m. classes all through 1L.

Am I the only one who doesn't mind morning classes? I'd much rather be done earlier than begin later...

then again, I'm a morning person.

No. I'd much rather go 9-12 than have a schedule like 1-4.

m,

• View Profile
« Reply #607 on: August 13, 2007, 02:21:39 PM »
I had 9 a.m. classes all through 1L.

Am I the only one who doesn't mind morning classes? I'd much rather be done earlier than begin later...

then again, I'm a morning person.

No. I'd much rather go 9-12 than have a schedule like 1-4.

hi queencru! how's things?

latinlord

• Attorney at Law in Philadelphia Law Firm
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #608 on: August 13, 2007, 02:46:31 PM »
My profs don't let you off if you say you don't know.  They go to a question you do know then try to lead to the answer they were going for.

The work is so different from what I expected.  You read 2 pages 2 twice, take careful notes, then go to class and have a prof point out slowly through questioning 20 things you didn't notice about it.  Then at the end you find out the next case completely reverses or changes the rule established by the first, so all that work is just for historical interest.  Then you read a 3rd case and you find out the second was the odd one, and the rule to take away is the one established in the first.  It is like playing Where's Waldo, but with words instead of pictures and all the words are in a foreign language, so you have to translate them before playing.

OMG!! that is hilarious and soooo true!! Reminds me of Torts!! Especially with Negligence principles..haha remember pasgraf and proximate cause!?? haha my professor was upsessed with that case and Cardozo!! haah

« Reply #609 on: August 13, 2007, 02:48:28 PM »
My profs don't let you off if you say you don't know. They go to a question you do know then try to lead to the answer they were going for.

The work is so different from what I expected. You read 2 pages 2 twice, take careful notes, then go to class and have a prof point out slowly through questioning 20 things you didn't notice about it. Then at the end you find out the next case completely reverses or changes the rule established by the first, so all that work is just for historical interest. Then you read a 3rd case and you find out the second was the odd one, and the rule to take away is the one established in the first. It is like playing Where's Waldo, but with words instead of pictures and all the words are in a foreign language, so you have to translate them before playing.

OMG!! that is hilarious and soooo true!! Reminds me of Torts!! Especially with Negligence principles..haha remember pasgraf and proximate cause!?? haha my professor was upsessed with that case and Cardozo!! haah

LATINLORD!