Law School Discussion

for those that have started law school

Thistle

• View Profile
Re: for those that have started law school
« Reply #470 on: June 06, 2007, 05:20:23 AM »

ok.  mental and emotional problems then?

um maybe just a hard test???  ::)

my boyfriend just listened to me complain. i never had any emotional or mental problems in school, sometimes i just needed someone to vent to...someone who wasn't a law student and never made a tort or adverse possession joke.

Quoting Tool?  You're my new favorite person on LSD!

Oh, and did you hear Chevelle got their gear stolen?

i met chevelle in either 1999 or 2000 at the cornerstone festival.  they were wandering around handing out demo tapes trying to get people to come see their show.  we fed them hotdogs.

That was right before Point #1, eh?  I liked Chevelle back in the day.

yeah, the prelude and the lyrical were both on their tape.  they put on a good show

fuwaf

• View Profile
« Reply #471 on: June 06, 2007, 03:13:23 PM »
I'm always making jokes about "touch and concern" the [land][burger][whatever else it applies to] to the point where people want to hit me.  I like adverse possession jokes too.

A dude in our class made a spreadsheet of EVERYONE'S grades and it calculated your percentile in the class and in your particular section and your GPA.  A little creepy.

fuwaf

• View Profile
« Reply #472 on: June 06, 2007, 03:20:55 PM »
I'm always making jokes about "touch and concern" the [land][burger][whatever else it applies to] to the point where people want to hit me.  I like adverse possession jokes too.

A dude in our class made a spreadsheet of EVERYONE'S grades and it calculated your percentile in the class and in your particular section and your GPA.  A little creepy.

Dude, that is WAY CREEPY. How did he get everyopnes grades? I got my first grade from spring today, very, very happy. I have a feeling it will be downhill for the rest of them though. :(

They just post pdf files of the grades by anonymous number.  It's really just creepy that he had the time and the motivation to do that.  Crazy.

« Reply #473 on: June 06, 2007, 04:24:48 PM »
no more grades today :( not that i really want to see them...

dbgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #474 on: June 06, 2007, 04:45:29 PM »
well, how did those grades end up?

B-.  I have no shame.  I was expecting a D.  I saw the grade distribution for the course, and I was shocked to find out that I did better than 45% of the people in the class.  I didn't answer two of the essays.  Literally nothing.

well, isnt that part of lawschool?

no matter what, you prob wont get an F, and because of the curve, youll prob fall near the middle?

Depends upon your school blue, but the "no matter what" you won't fail thing - not something I'd count on.
Someone always fails, even at schools where it's not mandatory.

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #475 on: June 06, 2007, 04:56:14 PM »

B-.  I have no shame.  I was expecting a D.  I saw the grade distribution for the course, and I was shocked to find out that I did better than 45% of the people in the class.  I didn't answer two of the essays.  Literally nothing.

no matter what, you prob wont get an F, and because of the curve, youll prob fall near the middle?

Depends upon your school blue, but the "no matter what" you won't fail thing - not something I'd count on.

even if they try?

that curve seems to prevent it...

dbgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #476 on: June 06, 2007, 05:01:18 PM »

even if they try?

Umm, pretty much everyone tries. Yet, some fail anyway (or get Ds, and 1Ls would have to repeat those.) 
It's not like undergrad where you get points for remembering your name (or, in this case student ID #).

« Reply #477 on: June 06, 2007, 05:17:27 PM »

even if they try?

Umm, pretty much everyone tries. Yet, some fail anyway (or get Ds, and 1Ls would have to repeat those.) 
It's not like undergrad where you get points for remembering your name (or, in this case student ID #).

Exactly. I hate when people assume they'll be at the middle or above because they're not lazy. Yes, there are lazy people in law school, but they certainly make up a small minority and many people who work their asses off don't do all that well. I have never been a good exam taker no matter how hard I try, but it doesn't mean I don't understand the material.

Miss P

• View Profile
« Reply #478 on: June 06, 2007, 08:29:54 PM »

We are secretly two peas in a pod, dear.  I love "touch and concern" jokes, and I refer to all outings as "detours and frolics."

fuwaf

• View Profile
« Reply #479 on: June 07, 2007, 05:41:33 AM »

We are secretly two peas in a pod, dear.  I love "touch and concern" jokes, and I refer to all outings as "detours and frolics."

I'm glad you share my love of the "touch and concern"... the others who don't simply have no taste.