Law School Discussion

for those that have started law school

->Soon

• View Profile
Re: for those that have started law school
« Reply #460 on: June 05, 2007, 11:15:20 AM »
Sorry, my reading glasses are way over there. 

S'okay.  It's still surprising.  I saw the points breakdown so I know it was one of the highest B-minuses awarded, which is how I figured out the percentile.

And no, blueb, I don't think the curve means you automatically end up in the middle.  I was very lucky -- though it won't matter too much when this low-curve class is compared with my classmates in the midsummer rankings.  A B- still really bites.

your too hard on yourself...

Alamo

• View Profile
« Reply #461 on: June 05, 2007, 11:20:07 AM »
Sorry, my reading glasses are way over there. 

S'okay.  It's still surprising.  I saw the points breakdown so I know it was one of the highest B-minuses awarded, which is how I figured out the percentile.

And no, blueb, I don't think the curve means you automatically end up in the middle.  I was very lucky -- though it won't matter too much when this low-curve class is compared with my classmates in the midsummer rankings.  A B- still really bites.

Yeah, I got a B- in legal writing last year, which hurt because I put so much time into it and thought I did well.  But then there was Torts, where I was praying I did well enough to get a B- and ended up w/an A.  I think blueb's idea references the core truth that for the really tough exams, you can think you completely bombed it and end up in the middle of the curve because it's that much harder for everybody else as well; sounds like that's what happened to you.  But I think it's better to feel like you bombed something and be pleasantly surprised w/the result than to think you did well and get sucker-punched w/a low grade. 

Miss P

• View Profile
« Reply #462 on: June 05, 2007, 12:13:06 PM »
But I think it's better to feel like you bombed something and be pleasantly surprised w/the result than to think you did well and get sucker-punched w/a low grade. 

But of course!

kirkcameronsgf

• Ever since I can remember, I been poppin' my colla
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: June 05, 2007, 12:29:31 PM »
*stumbles in here*

umm..  tag?  ???

Alamo

• View Profile
« Reply #464 on: June 05, 2007, 12:38:32 PM »
(That reminds me of the Point/Counterpoint article in the Onion where it was like Jenna Elizabeth McElliot of Wheaton vs. Saru of Sub-Saharan Africa, and the statement they argued was "Omigod, I am so totally starving.")"

I love those point-counterpoint articles.  I think this might be my favorite...

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/34198

Elephant Lee

• Maybe ju an' me are amigos!
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: June 05, 2007, 01:57:33 PM »
(That reminds me of the Point/Counterpoint article in the Onion where it was like Jenna Elizabeth McElliot of Wheaton vs. Saru of Sub-Saharan Africa
Yeah, those Wheatonites.  ;)

Thistle

• View Profile
« Reply #466 on: June 05, 2007, 02:56:48 PM »

ok.  mental and emotional problems then?

um maybe just a hard test???  ::)

my boyfriend just listened to me complain. i never had any emotional or mental problems in school, sometimes i just needed someone to vent to...someone who wasn't a law student and never made a tort or adverse possession joke.

Quoting Tool?  You're my new favorite person on LSD!

Oh, and did you hear Chevelle got their gear stolen?

i met chevelle in either 1999 or 2000 at the cornerstone festival.  they were wandering around handing out demo tapes trying to get people to come see their show.  we fed them hotdogs.

« Reply #467 on: June 05, 2007, 06:46:45 PM »

Haha...yeah I quoted Tool.

And yes I did hear about Chevelle getting all their stuff stolen. I heard they found some of it, but not their guitars. That really sucks.

Yes this is completely irrelevant to this thread.

On another note, I am such a loser I just made a spreadsheet where I can input different grades I think I got in the 2 classes I don't know yet and see what my GPA would be.  :(

I also worry I might get in trouble at work because I can't stop obsessively reloading the "Check Grades" part of my school's website all day long.

Thistle

• View Profile
« Reply #468 on: June 05, 2007, 07:46:59 PM »

Haha...yeah I quoted Tool.

And yes I did hear about Chevelle getting all their stuff stolen. I heard they found some of it, but not their guitars. That really sucks.

Yes this is completely irrelevant to this thread.

On another note, I am such a loser I just made a spreadsheet where I can input different grades I think I got in the 2 classes I don't know yet and see what my GPA would be.  :(

I also worry I might get in trouble at work because I can't stop obsessively reloading the "Check Grades" part of my school's website all day long.

i have a great spreadsheet that does that and computes your cum gpa for all three years of law school.   :P  i'll send it to you if you want

Astro

• Happy birthday goalie!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: June 05, 2007, 10:18:14 PM »

ok.  mental and emotional problems then?

um maybe just a hard test???  ::)

my boyfriend just listened to me complain. i never had any emotional or mental problems in school, sometimes i just needed someone to vent to...someone who wasn't a law student and never made a tort or adverse possession joke.

i met chevelle in either 1999 or 2000 at the cornerstone festival.  they were wandering around handing out demo tapes trying to get people to come see their show.  we fed them hotdogs.

That was right before Point #1, eh?  I liked Chevelle back in the day.