Law School Discussion

for those that have started law school

cesco

• View Profile
Re: for those that have started law school
« Reply #370 on: February 16, 2007, 05:39:25 PM »
so, one semester down and another almost 1/3 over.

how ya feeling now?
like it?  hate it?  at least its better than working?
anyone getting any new nookie?

Im going to be an optimist on this thread - even though it is Friday night and I am in the library.  :(

I really like school. I used to work 60+ hours a week in a very stressful job that I didnt like at all.  Now I put in that much time, but I get to wear jeans and jammies instead of suits, and I get to study on my own schedule.  Plus - I find all of the material pretty interesting.  I know this makes me a huge dork - but I cant help it.   

I do think that Legal Writing/Research takes up way too much time - Id take 2 other "regular" classes just to get rid of it.

Jolie Was Here

• 3L. Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: February 16, 2007, 05:58:50 PM »
Yeah, our workload is much worse this semester.  We have the three doctrinal courses, plus an elective, plus Legal Practice.  Luck of the draw dealt my section tougher courses this semester (imo, at least - reasonable minds could differ on this one.)  Our Legal Practice class has a lot more work this time around (we've already done the first oral argument and two writing assignments and it's the second week in February.)  Plus we had to worry about finding summer jobs.  Plus (not to trot this one out again, but...) I never got a break between semesters, so the tank is running dry.  Yeah, I know, poor Jolie.  ::)  Anyway, I think it's with good reason that we're all finding this semester more stressful. 

p.s. I never briefed either.  Not my bag.   

cesco

• View Profile
« Reply #372 on: February 16, 2007, 06:03:28 PM »
  Our Legal Practice class has a lot more work this time around

Mine does too. Last semester it seemed like forever before we had assignments due - now we have huge assignments due almost weekly. hmm... what a pain in the ass.

Jolie Was Here

• 3L. Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: February 16, 2007, 06:03:47 PM »
wusses

And to think some people didn't realize you were red.

« Reply #374 on: February 16, 2007, 06:14:22 PM »
wusses

Are those the same people who would mistake you for red., Jolie?  :D

H4CS

• View Profile
« Reply #375 on: February 16, 2007, 11:01:25 PM »
wusses

And to think some people still believe in the single red theory (the magic red theory to conspiracy theorists).

« Reply #376 on: February 17, 2007, 05:18:08 AM »
Yeah, our workload is much worse this semester.  We have the three doctrinal courses, plus an elective, plus Legal Practice.  Luck of the draw dealt my section tougher courses this semester (imo, at least - reasonable minds could differ on this one.)  Our Legal Practice class has a lot more work this time around (we've already done the first oral argument and two writing assignments and it's the second week in February.)  Plus we had to worry about finding summer jobs.  Plus (not to trot this one out again, but...) I never got a break between semesters, so the tank is running dry.  Yeah, I know, poor Jolie.  ::)  Anyway, I think it's with good reason that we're all finding this semester more stressful. 

p.s. I never briefed either.  Not my bag.   

Wow, that's rough. My school is treating legal writing like an actual 2-credit course this time so we have one assignment and one oral argument. I still think this semester is worse because I really don't like any of my classes and it seems like all my classmates share the same sentiments.

fuwaf

• View Profile
« Reply #377 on: February 17, 2007, 06:42:44 AM »
First semester was a good time.  This semester is rough . . . just . . . rough.

/Which is how your mom likes it, I hear.
//Trying not to be depressing

TITCR

I'm sure I said good things about law school last semester, but this semester is about 58395174586127486726 times worse, so it's pretty hard to be positive when I feel like I'm constantly getting my ass kicked.

Our section got bad professors for classes this semester and that makes it tough all around.  These bad professors also upped the reading load, and one upped it even more with his stupid tests, so we are basically drowning under work. 

I briefed all the time last semester, but I'm starting to slide back on it because I have time.  I ended up starting a Torts Pool with 2 friends so we split the reading 3 ways and I'm probably going to have to do the same with Property.  I'd rather read *&^% on my own, but I can't get through it all very closely anymore.

Plus the whole OCI/summer job search looming makes everything more stressful.

brown

• View Profile
« Reply #378 on: February 17, 2007, 08:02:18 AM »
wusses

And to think some people still believe in the single red theory (the magic red theory to conspiracy theorists).

She's the lawschooldiscussion.org lonleygirl15.

« Reply #379 on: February 17, 2007, 08:06:14 AM »
wusses

and to think they still don't realize you were actually red. all along.