Law School Discussion

for those that have started law school

Guy Who 1-Ups You

• Now, with italics!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: for those that have started law school
« Reply #360 on: February 16, 2007, 03:48:47 PM »
i haven't heard one person say anything positive about law school.  not once since september.  that's pretty crazy.

That's not true at all!  I like law school just fine, and I am a sourpuss. Talk to the Michigan and Penn kids.  They're all psyched all the time. And Archival and Margee seem to like it down in TX too.

:D

Most of the time, anyway.

I really do enjoy being a law student. It hurts sometimes, but it's a good hurt.

Too easy.

Talk to your mom about too easy.

She's the one that taught me.

aerynn

• Wait, what?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #361 on: February 16, 2007, 04:02:02 PM »
First semester was a good time.  This semester is rough . . . just . . . rough.

/Which is how your mom likes it, I hear.
//Trying not to be depressing

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #362 on: February 16, 2007, 04:38:34 PM »
naughtiness and perverted flirting in ONE OF MY THREADS?!?!?!

I never thought Id see the day...

Jolie Was Here

• 3L. Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 16, 2007, 05:08:35 PM »
Last semester I really really loved law school.  Those positive feelings are currently under review and labelled as "highly suspect"; however, I'm holding out some faith that someday (read: 2L) I will feel that way once more. 

Holy hell this semester is tough!

« Reply #364 on: February 16, 2007, 05:10:47 PM »
Last semester I really really loved law school. Those positive feelings are currently under review and labelled as "highly suspect"; however, I'm holding out some faith that someday (read: 2L) I will feel that way once more.

Imagine how awful it is for people not at Michigan...

Jolie Was Here

• 3L. Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: February 16, 2007, 05:15:29 PM »
Last semester I really really loved law school. Those positive feelings are currently under review and labelled as "highly suspect"; however, I'm holding out some faith that someday (read: 2L) I will feel that way once more.

Yeah, for real!  :D  Actually, one of my best friends is a 1L at Harvard.  She called me last night near tears (very out of character) and broke into the whole "I hate law school hate my life what am I doing?" routine.  And she recently spoke to one of our friends who's a 1L at GWU - same story.  As tough as it was to hear about my friends' pain, I couldn't help thinking, "Goody.  It's universal." 

« Reply #366 on: February 16, 2007, 05:16:18 PM »

Yeah, for real! :D Actually, one of my best friends is a 1L at Harvard. She called me last night near tears (very out of character) and broke into the whole "I hate law school hate my life what am I doing?" routine. And she recently spoke to one of our friends who's a 1L at GWU - same story. As tough as it was to about my friends' pain, I couldn't help thinking, "Goody. It's universal."

So, law school is just bad everwhere. Good to know.

Jolie Was Here

• 3L. Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: February 16, 2007, 05:21:03 PM »

Yeah, for real! :D Actually, one of my best friends is a 1L at Harvard. She called me last night near tears (very out of character) and broke into the whole "I hate law school hate my life what am I doing?" routine. And she recently spoke to one of our friends who's a 1L at GWU - same story. As tough as it was to hear about my friends' pain, I couldn't help thinking, "Goody. It's universal."

So, law school is just bad everwhere. Good to know.

Well, 2nd semester of 1L is bad everywhere.  I still believe that the rest of it will be more like 1st semester. 

Sigh, ever the optimist. 

ETA: Just reread my previous post.  Good to know that law school has not only made me fat and ugly and destroyed my will to live - it's also turned me into a heartless, bad friend.  I'm going to make a great lawyer!

E(again)TA: Michigan, are you sure you want me to talk to all these prospectives?   

« Reply #368 on: February 16, 2007, 05:26:19 PM »
I guess I'm not getting why 2nd semester would be tougher than the first. You don't have to brief cases if you don't want to, nothing is new-new, workload seems the same..

ah red., I've missed you.

Miss P

• View Profile
« Reply #369 on: February 16, 2007, 05:28:27 PM »
I guess I'm not getting why 2nd semester would be tougher than the first.  You don't have to brief cases if you don't want to, nothing is new-new, workload seems the same..

For me, second semester is much easier than the first.  My hardest (and only one-semester, five-credit) class was last semester, and I had a worse schedule over all.  I am more acclimated to the place, know whom to avoid, etc.  

And I never briefed.  It really seemed like a waste of time.  But it works for some people.