Law School Discussion

for those that have started law school

Re: for those that have started law school
« Reply #200 on: October 09, 2006, 01:11:10 PM »
so far, everyone seems happy. 

how odd.....

I'm still undecided about my school. I love the faculty, the classes, the noncompetitive atmosphere, but I really don't like the town very much and wish the population were more diverse. Initially I thought it would be nice to save money in a less urban area, but now I'm thinking that I might be happier in a place that is a little more exciting.

and you are where?

South Bend, although I hope to study in London next year- so much more thrilling.

SB not cold enough for ya?

whats in south Bend?

It pretty much has all of the excitement of Dale Mabry or US 19- except maybe those are more exciting, come to think of it. I don't mind cold weather though.

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 09, 2006, 01:14:02 PM »

how odd.....

I'm still undecided about my school. I love the faculty, the classes, the noncompetitive atmosphere, but I really don't like the town very much and wish the population were more diverse. Initially I thought it would be nice to save money in a less urban area, but now I'm thinking that I might be happier in a place that is a little more exciting.

and you are where?

South Bend, although I hope to study in London next year- so much more thrilling.

SB not cold enough for ya?

whats in south Bend?

It pretty much has all of the excitement of Dale Mabry or US 19- except maybe those are more exciting, come to think of it. I don't mind cold weather though.

they have almost everything youd need, from cradle to grave....

others?

like your school or no?

« Reply #202 on: October 09, 2006, 04:53:41 PM »

how odd.....

and you are where?

My buddy and I got lost in South Bend on our way to Boston from San Francisco.  He wanted to see some stupid dome.  We never found it and it set us back at least an hour.

Probably the dome on ND campus- really the only things of note here are ND and the College Football Hall of Fame. Oh, and the next door county is the RV capital of the world. A lot of people come to NDLS from ND undergrad and I wonder how they can stand South Bend for 7 years. It has none of the cool things normally available in a college town. It's more like a suburb except there's no big city within an hour or so. Okay, there is a downtown- but it's not an exciting one.

SCgrad

« Reply #203 on: October 09, 2006, 06:19:49 PM »
Why do you feel you are qualified to make this statement?

Probably the same thing that prompted your posting and prevented you from dismissing my assertion out of hand.

No, you are talking out of your ass about something you couldn't possibly no.  First off, you don't know her that well.  But that is not even close to the most important reason.

That would be that you, a law school student if that, are trying to say you can judge the ability of your peers.  That is not the case, res ipsa loquitor.

Talking out of your ass in a nice way may not provide anything of substance, but I doubt anyone creates a false sense of self from a f-ing message board.

You, on the other hand, are talking out of your ass in a negative way.  That makes you a feminine hygiene product.

On one more related note, nobody fails out of top law schools.

SCgrad

« Reply #204 on: October 09, 2006, 06:22:16 PM »
Yeah, BB is not the same in my book as he was when he came on.  If he hadn't "adjusted" I would have just stopped reading his posts like I have with other posters.  I just don't like the style and I think he takes it to the extreme.  I didn't like it about Stan, but I think he more frequently departed from it to make a J type argument.  If BB has actually done this, I have not seen it. I may have incorrectly conveyed that he is not making an argument.  I think he is making arguments, perhaps I think that more than others think that.  I just think his arguments are in disguise (perhaps as a defense to keep himself from ending up in a situation like he was in when he first showed up).  I wish they weren't.  But then again I wish when someone said something stupid they could just say "my bad, dog" and that would be it, but apparantly that also is not the case.

woah, I take things to the extreme?

No, you misread

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 12, 2006, 06:26:15 AM »
and what have you learned so far in your first few weeks that surprises you?

fuwaf

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 12, 2006, 07:44:15 AM »

There's very rarely a definitive "right" answer and probably never will be.

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 12, 2006, 07:54:02 AM »

There's very rarely a definitive "right" answer and probably never will be.

as in, the questions wont allow it?

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 13, 2006, 01:12:55 PM »
sooooooooo

how many days a week are you going?

how long each day?

whens your 1st class start?

your last class end?

spend alot of time in the liberry?

aerynn

• Wait, what?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #209 on: October 13, 2006, 01:32:28 PM »
sooooooooo

how many days a week are you going?

how long each day?

whens your 1st class start?

your last class end?

spend alot of time in the liberry?

These are not the important questions.  The main question should be "How much time out side of class do you spend for each class hour?"

The answer is "around 2."