Law School Discussion

quick question, give opinion please!

monserrat

• mis preciosos
    • View Profile
quick question, give opinion please!
« on: October 03, 2006, 05:54:42 PM »
i am writing about my research background in neurobiology and i have done extensive animal research.  is talking about the specifics dangerous in my ps...is it possible there will be animal activists on the adcom boards that will hate me if they know i operated on rats or is that something that could help me stand out?

monserrat

• mis preciosos
    • View Profile
Re: quick question, give opinion please!
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 09:49:00 PM »
nobody has an opinion on this, seriously i'm asking a yes or no question...sheeeesh

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 09:53:14 PM »
I'm pretty sure worrying about animal activists is a bit much :)  Just write your PS and don't worry about remote possibilities.

Alamo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 09:54:42 PM »
I think the fact that you've shown the callous indifference to life necessary to cut open cute, furry mammals is a great qualification for being a lawyer.  You've got to have a strong stomach for the stuff, you know. 

All in all, I'd say the most important thing is to sound comfortable in your own skin.  Don't worry about how something is going to make you sound to somebody - if you've done something you're proud of and think that it demonstrates your positive qualities, go for it.  Blatant sociopathic behavior is, of course, excluded.