Law School Discussion

Requesting updated LOR - email Okay?

////

• View Profile
Requesting updated LOR - email Okay?
« on: October 03, 2006, 01:44:58 PM »
(Edited to remove identifying details)

I need to get in touch with my recommenders to ask for new letters for Law School plus my boss from my last job.

I left a voicemail for my two profs and doubt I'll get a response (any time soon anyway). What are people's opinions on emailing and asking for revised letters - too impersonal?

Definitely going to keep trying to talk to my old boss in person (she's very reliable for this sort of thing) - but am worried about gettting these in time from my profs and I don't really want them calling me (as I work in cube city and don't want to talk about law school in front of my coworkers)

Thoughts?

juliemccoy

• Treat??
    • View Profile
Re: Requesting updated LOR - email Okay?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 03:36:59 PM »
If you've called them and haven't heard back, send an email. Then call them again.

Resident CLS Troll

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 03:46:13 PM »
I was also trying to get in touch with one of my old professors from college a few years after graduation.  All my communications were over email.  Didn't present too much of a problem.

Of course, I re-established communication back in March or so.

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 05:20:50 PM »
I just emailed a professor that wrote me a LOR in Summer 04 for an update since at the time the plan was to go to pharmacy school. She was really nice about it and just asked that I send her some updated info. I offered to make the trek up there to meet with her (since I graduated June 05) and she said it wasn't necessary...good luck!

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2006, 05:55:47 PM »
I had to do this. I went to London School of Economics and graduated in 03. I haven't seen or talked to my supervisor for years - so I just emailed him a super nice note saying that I know he hasn't heard from me in a long time - and that he has a lot of students, is very bust blah blah. I tried to jog his memory and even put a photo on my resume. He was very nice about it and the LOR is on the way... so just send a nice email and mention that you left a message.