Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

How many pencils did you use? (Not how many did you bring, but how many did you actually use)

10+

Author Topic: Poll: How many pencils did you use on the LSAT?  (Read 6416 times)

Socraotes

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Poll: How many pencils did you use on the LSAT?
« on: October 02, 2006, 10:17:24 PM »
Who here is responsible for killing more trees than they ought to have?

annab

• Sr. Citizen
  • I will not pay taxes for war, thank you very much
    • View Profile
Re: Poll: How many pencils did you use on the LSAT?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 10:19:05 PM »
I used three.  Broke the first one, wore the second one down too far.  Of course I brought a whole pack, newly sharpened.  :-[

Who voted 10+?  ???

smile

• 168/3.5
    • View Profile
    • For the love of God, someone accept me!
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 01:20:13 AM »
six pencils, needed them all!! i had two nice mechanicals (.5 and .7) for the LR sections, two normal sharpened pencils (one for LG one for RC), one of those pre-sharpened ones that you use in pre-school for the writing sample, and one of those little pencils without an eraser. . .just in case

i think i'm OCD

chewy06

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 01:44:47 AM »
I had 4 mechanical pencils in the seat next to me. I only used 1, however it was definitely broken by my excessive use by the end of the test.

iscoredawaitlist

• Sr. Citizen
  • The beagle puppy of anticipation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2006, 02:34:29 PM »
six pencils, needed them all!! i had two nice mechanicals (.5 and .7) for the LR sections, two normal sharpened pencils (one for LG one for RC), one of those pre-sharpened ones that you use in pre-school for the writing sample, and one of those little pencils without an eraser. . .just in case

i think i'm OCD

why the different types of pencils? do the mechanical pencils help you out more on the LR and the regular ones do well for you on the LG? I don't get it.

Also, who actually uses highlighters? The girl two spaces over kept highlighting during her RC section and it started to really bug me SQUEEEEEAK.

Socraotes

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2006, 06:46:34 PM »
why the different types of pencils? do the mechanical pencils help you out more on the LR and the regular ones do well for you on the LG? I don't get it.

Also, who actually uses highlighters? The girl two spaces over kept highlighting during her RC section and it started to really bug me SQUEEEEEAK.

I'm going to try to develop a method to best utilize the fact that we're allowed highlighters. I will highlighter PwNage you all!

nerfco

• Sr. Citizen
  • U.Chi '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2006, 01:58:15 AM »
I brought exactly one pencil to the LSAT. I used that pencil. I like living on the edge.

(Although it was mechanical, and it had plenty of lead.)

iSalute

• Sr. Citizen
  • Freedom don't come free
    • View Profile
    • Check us out...
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2006, 02:01:36 AM »
I was sooo pissed off because I had grown accustomed to using PENS on the test. I used it the most on LG so I did not have to re-write the rule, could just erase for each new question. Guess I didn't read what i could and could not bring before i entered. This really threw me off. Still got -0 on LG. interesting....
The University of San Diego c/o 2011.

http://themeaningofmadness.blogspot.com/

StudentUVA

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2006, 01:45:28 PM »
one and only. had three for back up.

ksyardbird

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2006, 02:24:10 PM »
I took a mechanical and 4 pencils (& pencil sharpener. . just in case).  Used all 4 pencils & NOT the mech.  textured tables and mechanicals don't work well when one has to do a grade-A perfect job when coloring in little circles.  Too much clicking to keep the lead going.

& speaking of highlighters - no!  Too noisy!